Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

641 - 660 of 677 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Looking to order the frame for one of these sometime in the next month and am trying to decide on sizing. Looks like i am right in the middle of the 18 and 19.5 inch frames. I am 6' with a 32" inseam. Any thoughts on which one would be the best fit?
I'm about the same size, went for L / 19.5", no problems.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Looking to order the frame for one of these sometime in the next month and am trying to decide on sizing. Looks like i am right in the middle of the 18 and 19.5 inch frames. I am 6' with a 32" inseam. Any thoughts on which one would be the best fit?
I'm also 6 foot but have an inch shorter inseam , I ordered a large but when I got to the showroom i couldn't even stand over it on tip toe. So I swapped it to a medium. Even now I can't stand over the top tube unless on tip toe.
These frames are enormous at the widest point. Add in the bb height and they seriously lack stand over.
I really wanted a longer top tube and shorter stem but have had to go with a compromise.
All that said, the ride is great and 2 years on I still like the bike.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Hello, I need some sizing help as well. I am 5'9 with a 30 inch inseam. From the posts it seems that I may need a 16 inch frame. Or should I go 18? Thoughts from any others with a 30 inch inseam.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Hello, I need some sizing help as well. I am 5'9 with a 30 inch inseam. From the posts it seems that I may need a 16 inch frame. Or should I go 18? Thoughts from any others with a 30 inch inseam.
I'm about same height as you. Usually wear inseam 30 pants. I got the 16 inch frame and there is barely enough stand over. I think 18 would have been too big for me. My bike is set up as SS with 720mm handlebar and 60mm stem

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I'm about same height as you. Usually wear inseam 30 pants. I got the 16 inch frame and there is barely enough stand over. I think 18 would have been too big for me. My bike is set up as SS with 720mm handlebar and 60mm stem
Thanks for the quick feedback. I had a feeling 16 was the right size based on others comments. Thanks for confirming that! I also plan on setting it up SS. Interesting you are using a 60mm stem. I will definitely have to play with that. Just got to get OK from the wife for yet another bike purchase.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am about your size and the 16" frame is perfect. I am using a 100mm stem with no offset seat post and Niner flat top bars. Best fitting and handling bike I have ever ridden and I never have to shift.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I am 6' with a 32 inseam. I bought a large. I always felt it was a little big. Since I was getting tired of swapping it back and forth between single and geared I bought another one. This time I bought a medium. I think the medium fits a little better but with stem lengths I hardly notice a difference. I set up the medium as the single and the large as the geared. Now I just ride which ever one I am mood for and I don't really think about the size.

·
Registered
76 Posts
What is the largest rotor that works with an On-One Monocoque Tapered Carbon Fork? What is the largest rotor that fits the rear of the Lurcher frame?
You can definitely fit a 180mm rotor on the Monocoque Tapered fork.
160mm rotor on the rear with an internal swapout/180mm on the rear with an external swapout.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Is this the "internal swapout" ?
180 fits om my size L and my wifes size S.

What happened to the frame price?
Should have bought a couple more, would have been a great investment :)
I thoght the same when I checked the price recently. :)

I have the same vertical swapout you linked, it works well with 160mm rotors, tried with Magura Louise BAT and Shimano XTR trail brakes, I haven't noticed any 'clearance' issues so far.
I have horizontal swapouts as well, used it for 2-3 months, didn't have issues with 160mm rotors and XTR trail brakes.

According to my service excel sheet, there is ~10000 kms / 6200 miles in my Lurcher frame. Used mostly with On-One rigid fork, no issues so far. :D

Nevertheless, I'm pretty convinced about that the On-One tapered rigid fork is simply too stiff, there is no flex at all. I have just changed it to a Ritchey WCS carbon rigid fork...

·
Registered
46 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
I again just wanted to say how much i love this frame after more use. I've gone now SS to 1x10 and the versatility is awesome, and the frame always fits like a glove. I hope they don't stop making these!

·
Just Ride!
1,251 Posts
I always thought max rotor dimensions were based on the amount of force the frame and fork could handle and not just clearance?

641 - 660 of 677 Posts