Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I'm wondering if it would be okay to put a niner 490mm fork on an on one inbred. The reason I want to do this(and if my logic is flawed here pls let me know) is to slacken out the front a bit so as to be more suited for aggressive riding. I come from a 26" background on slack angle hardtails, but now am riding a rigid 29er. I want to keep the slacker front end. And I know about the banshee paradox, it is really kind of a last option. I really want steel.
Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I really want steel.
Canfield Nimble 9?

Having that I was thinking of getting a 16" Inbred (currently ride a rigid 18" Inbred) as it has a 1 degree slacker head angle, then running 100mm forks, for similar reasons. Worried top tube might be too short though.

·
Re-friggin'-Lax!!!
630 Posts
They designed the inbred around a 100mm Reba, those are 506mm I believe, so a 490mm Niner shouldn't be an issue.

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
The stock On One fork is 470mm. This what size rigid fork I use on my Inbred. I like it but the steering is quick

But I switch between a 100mm Tora too, which is ~510mm, or 490mm with sag. The Inbred still feels pretty good with this long a fork. The BB is higher too, I think it ends up ~12+3/4"

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
wncunderground said:
Does it slack out the head angle a bit, or does it remain relatively the same?
slacks it out enough for me to notice. Stock HA is 72 for most sizes and based on the rest of the geo I used a program to calculate the HA with a 510mm fork at ~70+3/4 IIRC

·
Registered
425 Posts
I'm doing the same thing. I have an orange 18" Inbred sitting here waiting for a tang 490 niner fork (should be in this week). The on one carbon fork has a rake of 47 mm against the 39 of the niner. I'm no frame numbers wizzard but I think that should behave about the same.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.