Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am close to purchasing this frame along with the on one superlight carbon fork and I have a couple of questions. A little about me. I weigh 200lbs and ride aggressively. This bike will not see that kind of use since I know it is not for that and I have another bike for that kind of riding. This will be mainly used for cruising singletrack with my dog. I have read as much as I can find about it but that information is kinda vague. I have heard it described numerous times as kind of springy. What exactly does that mean in the real world? I am big and strong and mash on my frames but not excessively. I'm not superman or anything. I am just looking for some real world feedback as this will be my first 29er and I am nervous about pulling the trigger on a bike that is not good for me. If anyone out there has some solid ride time on this setup and cares to let me know what they think that would be great. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
74 Posts
i have an inbred that i ran rigid for quite some time, just put a fork on it, but when it was rigid I ran right next to all my buddies on their FS bikes and never had an issue with it being springy. I did have the Steel On One fork however. The bike rides great, forgiving and responsive

·
Stayin' Puft
1,241 Posts
Too funny...I was just looking at that smoking deal on ebay too for like the 5th day straight.

Do an advanced search on "inbred"...lots of stuff out there like this thread with good pics:
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=459116&highlight=inbred

I was thinking of buying one as a spare...but they have 5 of the big ones available still, have at it. I really don't need one but it looks nice. :)

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
17,053 Posts
I bought one (full bike w/On-One carbon fork) 14 months ago. I weigh pretty close to same as you (195#). Run mine in the winter months, singlespeed. I don't drop anything taller than about a foot but I do ride fairly aggressively. I really like the bike and the fork. I'm 6'3" and run 195mm cranks; this bike fits me and my riding style better than any other production machine I've owned.

--Sparty

·
Harmonius Wrench
8,254 Posts

I ran an Inbred/Carbon Superlight fork combo for awhile. I weigh 240lbs and you may have run across something I've written about this rig in the past.

Springy? Well, that is a good quality a steel frame has that makes the bike a little smoother and more comfortable to ride. But if this is your first 29"er, you won't notice that so much as you will the wheels themselves. ;) But I'll let you discover that part on your own.

The fork? Best carbon 29"er fork out now.

This combination comes highly recommended by me. I don't think you will be disappointed at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.