Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

121 - 137 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
The front end never came up when climbing. I notice the extra height only when taking tight turns. I just physically take up more room on the trail when leaned over. That said I would recommend a shorter fork.
I tried this setup because as a clydesdale I wanted to see if I would get more grip and cush in front and it delivers. I love riding rigid. IMO its what riding is supposed to feel like
All told it's around 30lbs

·
That's REEAAALLLL Nice
113 Posts
The front end never came up when climbing. I notice the extra height only when taking tight turns. I just physically take up more room on the trail when leaned over. That said I would recommend a shorter fork.
I tried this setup because as a clydesdale I wanted to see if I would get more grip and cush in front and it delivers. I love riding rigid. IMO its what riding is supposed to feel like
All told it's around 30lbs
I'll probably go with the Dually / Knard front, but continue to run my Karate Monkey steel fork. Doing this, I probably won't even notice the height gain of the bigger tire, which may only be a couple of millimeters anyways. But, like you mention, the benefit from the extra cush (and grip) will hopefully be noticeable and very welcome!

·
Registered
137 Posts
mtbone.jpg

Changed forks from a Krampus 483 a-c to a Cromoto 445 a-c
and it handled a lot better

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
https://flic.kr/p/p2vSyV

Nothing too exciting, except that for the last few years this has been the geared bike that I kept around for days when I was too lazy to ride the ss. But I finally had to admit that I don't really like gears, so this one got converted to ss last week. My other ss is a rigid 29er, so I really wasn't sure what I'd think of ss with a hardtail 26er? But I've done a couple of rides and it's just so much more enjoyable now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I may be in the market for a new SS, Inbred fits my budget. Im 6'4.75" with a 34.5" inseam will a 21" be big enough? Will i end up with massive head tube spacers? Let me know tall guy opinions on the 21" Inbreds.

Thanks!

·
Just Ride!
1,249 Posts
I really like my Scandal, but think I would love an Inbred even more. Just wish it had a 44mm headtube so that I could just swap all of my current stuff over. I wonder if that is planned for future revisions?

·
Merendon Junkie
1,068 Posts
After my carbon fork broke, I picked up this 2nd hand Fox Talas (110-140mm). It rides great as a mid travel steel hardtail. Has anyone else ran their inbred with a 140 fork?

DSC_7417-004.jpg

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
^ Wow, this is an old thread.

I switched my inbred to a 29er rigid fork years ago, which is about equivalent to 5" of suspension, and I like it a lot more than 4". Haven't tried 140 though.

Since then mine's become my monstercross machine

121 - 137 of 137 Posts