Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all...

Building an On One SS.... sliding dropout frame, Eno cranks, Phil Wood hubs.... so a nice build.... I'll post some pics soon.... hoping the frame is arriving today !

Is a Phil Wood BB overkill ? I know they are bullet proof and incredibly well made - but will I really notice the difference from a UN72 or similar ?

Thoughts please.... !

·
Registered
428 Posts
Awesome - I really like it. I initially had it as a 1X8 setup and then recently moved to SS (34:17). Really enjoy it for cross country stuff. My other bike is a Yeti ASX which is now feeling really heavy compared to the Inbred. Good luck with your bike and keep me informed of the setup.

Stephen

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's arrived ! Pics - On One build

So it arrived..... I knew the pics didn't do it justice - the red looks washed out in pics but beautiful in the flesh....Managed to pick up a silver Thomson seatpost to go with my 90mm stem... Trying to keep away from black on this one....
Waiting for the Phil Wood hubs/bb and eno crankset now !! More pics as it develops !

·
ride the moment
1,060 Posts
I run a Phil BB, with ENO crank and freewheel on my Inbred 29er. Its pretty incredible. Since I was already throwing down the scratch for that, I got a Wipperman SS chain and I've got to say that it made that quality drivetrain feel even better.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wipperman chain huh... I'll have to look at that......... I decided to go for it and ordered the BB yesterday, complete with two Phil Wood tools.... The Eno cranks should arrive today....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.