Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I've been searching and searching. Then I searched some more. There doesn't seem to be much in the way of info available for the Inbred 29er.

The On-On site doesn't have much in the way of geo specs listed yet, and I can't find any elsewhere. I also can't seem to find much in the way of reviews for said beast.

Any tips, links, etc?

Ride hard.

· SALSAFIED endurance racer
498 Posts
Nat posted all the important threads - but what infos do you need? It rides smooth and fast and is a great frame for a killer deal ... and now you get the reba for small budget with the frame ... any further questions ??? :confused:

· Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks guys...

I actually had seen that geo table once that showed the wheelbase, but for some reason I couldn't find it again. All I could find thereafter was the one listed under their frames, which doesn't show the WB. Perhaps I am mildly retarded. :rolleyes:

I also had found a couple of the threads listed by Nat, but I guess since it's a relatively new frame, not too many other folks have actually built one up and ridden it. But since the 9'bred has been so greatly anticipated, I s'pose I was expecting to find more than just a few threads that reflected some real saddle time on it. Ya know, like with the KM, it's hard not to find threads about it, but it has been around for a few years now, and everyone and their brother seems to own one.

I already have a 21" frame and fork on order BTW, the anticipation just has me hungry for all the info and opinions I can find on it.

Thanks for holding this reetards' hand. :p

One thing though, I think I recall having seen somwhere that the BB shell is 68mm. Is that right? I still need to get a new square tap. BB for it.

· SALSAFIED endurance racer
498 Posts
Interresting review - I can agree on it !!!

What do you mean with this:
There are some small detail things that could of made me happier, but the bike frame rode very well. ??? Which details ???

· And He was Not
1,686 Posts
realbiker said:
Interresting review - I can agree on it !!!

What do you mean with this:
There are some small detail things that could of made me happier, but the bike frame rode very well. ??? Which details ???
I like everything about the ride, but the 3 hoop style cable holders mounted on the side of the TT laid a nasty welt on my knee. These would have been better if they were mounted in the 12 or 6 position. I also rubbed my calf on the top of the seat stay towers when leaning the bike in to turns. This was no big deal. I thought the rearend (Disc side) was a little busy , but it worked flawlessly. The gusset on the top tube had formed some rust under it, It may not have done this if the welds went all the way around it. All these things are VERY little nit pick things, but you asked. It is a nice ride.

· Registered
2,839 Posts
Enoch said:
I like everything about the ride, but the 3 hoop style cable holders mounted on the side of the TT laid a nasty welt on my knee. These would have been better if they were mounted in the 12 or 6 position. I also rubbed my calf on the top of the seat stay towers when leaning the bike in to turns. This was no big deal. I thought the rearend (Disc side) was a little busy , but it worked flawlessly. The gusset on the top tube had formed some rust under it, It may not have done this if the welds went all the way around it. All these things are VERY little nit pick things, but you asked. It is a nice ride.
NOTES:-

1) Cable guides changed to six o clock position for complete bike builds, and on future frames.
2) I guess you can rub your calf on them if you try - I've never noticed myself.
3) If you welded around the back of the gusset, the frame would be weaker than if the gusset wasn't there.

· And He was Not
1,686 Posts
NOTES:-

1) Cable guides changed to six o clock position for complete bike builds, and on future frames.
2) I guess you can rub your calf on them if you try - I've never noticed myself.
3) If you welded around the back of the gusset, the frame would be weaker than if the gusset wasn't there.
Those changes should make a frame that is good, even better. :cool:

· Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey Brant....

So, about that BB shell diameter....what is it exactly?

I'm sure I'm overlooking this somewhere, 'cause I'm an idiot, but throw me a bone, eh?

And regarding the TT gusset, I saw in a thread where that gusset had cracked on a 26" inbred. I'm thinking perhaps it was due to rust from moisture build up between the gusset and the TT. Could this be prevented by spraying a little Frame Saver or such in there? I was also thinking about repainting my 9'bred frame and fork when I get it, would it be a good or bad idea to let the paint seal the unwelded seam?

Also, a question about the decal download. Is the best way to execute its function to simply print it on paper, cut them out, affix them to the frame, then clear coat over? Any special kind of paper that should be used?

Cheers.

· Registered
2,839 Posts
BB is standard, English thread, 68mm wide.

Cracked gusset - that's a very unusual failure. Probably fatigue. Very odd. Our old builders, with a 10% thinner tube, and 1/8in smaller diameter top tube than we use now (people run bigger, longer forks now, see).

The underside of the headtube is a highly highly stressed area, and is the usual location of failure for most rigid frame. Corrosion could have contributed, but I can't be certain, and I'd be suprised.

There are various papers and vinyls that let you print out graphics do clever things. I heard about some bubble-jet-printer water-slide graphic paper the other day, but have no clue what it's called, sorry.

· Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The frame with the cracked gusset was 3 or 4 years old, so it probably was from the old maker....

And as per usual with parts failures, probably a case of someone doing stuff on a bike that the bike wasn't designed to handle, hucking off huge drops and whatnot...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.