Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my Scandal put together (technically, my friend Shane at Newbury Park did) today as well as picking up my modified/upgraded (since original build) Inbred 29er...all I can say is that Eye Heart U On One!

I assure you I aint no stinkin spreadsheet gram counter but WTF, might as well weigh bikes even if the primary goal aint low weight...having said that, i am indeed stoked with the resultant weights.

Inbred 29er

Since original build, just put on an On One carbon fork in place of the previous On One steel fork which i loved...wanted to try On One's version and given my hypocrisy, figured I would lessen the weight further

Also new are the wheels which are I9s laced to Stans Arches running Rampages (tubeless). Given my one ride I can say that I do NOT like Rampages on my single speeds at all...ok on the El Rey but not feeling them at in on a SS...will give one more chance

Also just put on Formula Bianco brakes (moved over from Comandante I sold) but replaced pedestrian generic housing with Goodridge of course. Friggin LOVE Formula brakes (also running Formula, The Ones, on my new Intense and cant say enough about them!!)

Complete shots

Final Weight = 23.07 lbs

SCANDAL

I am SO STOKED to throw a leg over this bad boy. I cannot wait to ride a XC-worthy geared bike...cannot wait!

• frame = 19. 5 Scandal
  • fork = 2008 Reba with Poploc (yes you phatazzes...a 2008 and not a 2009 as its a XC bike an my non phatazz weighs only 175 so its perfect for application)
  • wheels = 2009 XTR (centerlock) hubs laced Arches using Supercomps and Comps on rear drive side
  • tires = Schwalbe Racing Ralphs 2.4 (yep, both 2.4s as they look fast enough at this size), run tubeless
  • headset = Orbit Extreme pro
  • stem = On One
  • bars = fleegle Pro Bar (not normal Fleegle...this is lighter). I can tell this bar will rock for this bike!
  • grips = Chunky
  • brakes = XTR w/ centerlock rotors
  • shifters and derailleurs = XTR
  • cranks = XTR
  • chain and cassette = XTR (yep, thats a 32t cassette so shut your piehole...i will just suck it up and not whine about not having those precious extra 2 teeth)
  • seatpost = EC90
  • saddle = selle italia SLR XP
by the way, all you whiny liberal SRAM poseurs can kiss my arse with your pretentious anti-Shimano tree-hugging rhetoric

some random pics...

Final Weight = 23.98 lbs

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
boomn said:
The Rampage works great for me on the front, and that doesn't seem to be related to geared or SS. But I can see why an SS would need a different rear tire
yeah, thats what i meant. having said that, i still like the Exi/Nano combo best for my riding over any other tires i have run to date on SSs

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
FoShizzle said:
yeah, thats what i meant. having said that, i still like the Exi/Nano combo best for my riding over any other tires i have run to date on SSs
I like the Nano rear too. I had been tempted to try the Rampage rear for more volume, but maybe not. The 2 spare Exi's in my closet are telling me to be smart and not let them go to waste

Oh yeah... nice bikes. I can't be too jealous because I'm enjoying the Inbred lovin' myself, but I am jealous that yours weighs 6 pounds less than mine :eekster:

·
Registered
208 Posts
got3n said:
How tall ar U? Im 6,3"(190cm) and I'm not sure to choose 19,5 or 21,5 scandal ;)
I'm 6'3" as well, and I got a 21.5. Not sure how long your torso vs legs are, but I suspect you'll want the larger frame. Since we don't weigh bikes, I won't tell you that mine weights 23.5lbs. :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
GreenLightGo said:
Nice Inbred Fo - what kind of bars are those? They look like Ti....
indeed....they are actually Dean bars. Dean makes a great bar at a phenomenal price IMHO. you spec the length and sweep...these are 27" and 3 deg sweep. Also had Seven bars which are great...look a smidgen more classy I suppose but doubt they function any different than Deans

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
got3n said:
How tall ar U? Im 6,3"(190cm) and I'm not sure to choose 19,5 or 21,5 scandal ;)
ultimately its personal preference of course...though for what its worth I am 6'2" with about a 34.5" inseam. I have even owned a 1st gen 18" Inbred 29er and loved it...i would personally go 19.5 but no doubt others would suggest the bigger size...tough call i suppose.

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
17,086 Posts
FWIW I'm 6'3" w/36" inseam; ride the biggest 29er Inbred.

Hope this helps.

--Sparty

P.S. Fo, your blinged out Inbred probably only weighs 4-5 lbs. less than my predominantly stock version. Ha! I can buy the house a round & get the girl. Joke's on you.

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sparticus said:
FWIW I'm 6'3" w/36" inseam; ride the biggest 29er Inbred.

Hope this helps.

--Sparty

P.S. Fo, your blinged out Inbred probably only weighs 4-5 lbs. less than my predominantly stock version. Ha! I can buy the house a round & get the girl. Joke's on you.
the joke is always on me silly boy

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.