Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

61 - 80 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Same as jcdisco20. Running a Mattoc Pro. Set at 150 mm in 27,5" mode. First ride yesterday: very satisfied! Have to post a Picture.

I really noticed the steeper seattube in combination with no suspension at the back. I switched all my Components from an Intense Tracer2 frame that cracked.

3,14 kg bye the way. 19"/large with headset cups and rear axle.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I asked On One to install and FSA Pig on my 456 Evo 2. It was the first time I'd ever had indexed steering from a new bearing. Because it was installed, I could not get it warrantied.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have about 20 miles around town on it. I really enjoy this bike so far. I have to order a 180 rotor then I'll install front brake. Until then it's just tooling around town. Great ride and I enjoy the 1x10 gearing with 11-36.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
I barrowed some RF 40mm wheels and 27.5x2.8 Maxxis Reckon from my good friend at Woodside Bike Shop, Woodside CA. Put them on the Deedar for testing and its extremely close but was fun. I did get some rub on lower arm near BB. Enjoy the pics:)
Reve or Yari up front? Did it rub? No boost?

·
Registered
174 Posts
It is anthracite. I bought the frame many months ago. May no longer be an option.

Sent from my ASUS_X008DC using Tapatalk
Finally got back to me; they say they no longer offer it... would be nice if they'd remove it from their website...

Meanwhile, I'm debating on waiting for a used one; flat black with white is uninspiring, and I have a hard time with paying $60 extra for no paint, lol (I realize there's a coating, I have the raw 456). Anyone have a med one with anthracite finish they want to sell in the states, let me know.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Finally got back to me; they say they no longer offer it... would be nice if they'd remove it from their website...

Meanwhile, I'm debating on waiting for a used one; flat black with white is uninspiring, and I have a hard time with paying $60 extra for no paint, lol (I realize there's a coating, I have the raw 456). Anyone have a med one with anthracite finish they want to sell in the states, let me know.
I agree. Hopefully you can find one. Sorry i cant let mine go! I wouldnt have minded the raw but i agree paying more is silly.

Sent from my ASUS_X008DC using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Wanted to post up a pic of my Deedar!! It's been fun with the Schwalbe Super Moto tires, Salsa rigid 29er fork and dropper post. 👍
That's an awesome build. I was looking to see if anyone was running there's Urban with the rigid Fork. Plus you have the dropper installed. I was thinking I could do something similar to that with a p2 fork. How does the bike feel hopping it with the rigid fork? AIso, I would imagine that the fork lowers the front end substantially.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
78 Posts
To be honest was kinda of trying to build as a trainer/bike to use during rainy days. Suprisely feels pretty smooth on dirt trails but do feel the rigidness off curbs. Ran without dropper but now with dropper, its a game changer👍. It climbs fairly well with 32t up front and 11-36 at rear. Debating on going with 36t up front and 11-42(1x11) setup for more steep climbs. The fork is 19" from axle to crown and don't feel hunch over as I'm in a upright relaxed position. As it sits now, it's pretty fun!!!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
To be honest was kinda of trying to build as a trainer/bike to use during rainy days. Suprisely feels pretty smooth on dirt trails but do feel the rigidness off curbs. Ran without dropper but now with dropper, its a game changer👍. It climbs fairly well with 32t up front and 11-36 at rear. Debating on going with 36t up front and 11-42(1x11) setup for more steep climbs. The fork is 19" from axle to crown and don't feel hunch over as I'm in a upright relaxed position. As it sits now, it's pretty fun!!!!
I'm running 34x11-36 on a 2015 kona unit, stock p2 fork, ec44 bottom cup with 29 inch wheels and maxxis hookworms 29x2.5. I'm going to be switching to 32t up front because climbing is very essential part of where I live. I've been debating about buying a dropper post. I'm digging the whole urban mtb thing and just taking advantage of the street. It's not too often that I get the chance to go out on the trails.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

61 - 80 of 103 Posts