Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have discovered that as well- I went to get fitted for a trans am yesterday and was informed they were discontinued AND out of remaining 2016s. Very disappointed. So I am looking at on one deedar instead. Maybe others. I want to hear more about the dee dar!

·
Rocks belong
5,272 Posts
If I was looking for a 27.5 steel AM HT today... I'd probably buy the DeeDar. Looks great.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I've been on the DeeDar for prolly a month and a half now. Couldn't be happier with it. It's a good bit longer up front than the 456. I normally buy xl frames, but took a chance on the large, which feels great to me. I'm coming off a DB Mason, which is an alloy 29er version of the same thing. Love the compliance and handling of the DeeDar. From last night's ride:

I should note that I am running it with a non standard setup, sporting 26"x47mm wheels and 2.4 tires. Gonna try some 2.8's for fitment in a few days. BB is 12.x" with this setup, so it rails corners like no other. I've used it everywhere from the skate park, to the jumps, the street, and trails from XC to dh. It's seen 15+ foot gaps and ~6 foot drops.

I do short trail highlights videos from time to time. These two were shot on the DeeDar, one in Arkansas, and the second in my home state of Michigan.

https://vimeo.com/185209855

https://vimeo.com/181565482

I wouldn't mind if it were designed around the boost standard, and allowed even more clearance, but it's a great bike nonetheless, and for the price... it's like you're losing money if you don't buy it. ;-)

·
Registered
181 Posts
I've been on the DeeDar for prolly a month and a half now. Couldn't be happier with it. It's a good bit longer up front than the 456. I normally buy xl frames, but took a chance on the large, which feels great to me. I'm coming off a DB Mason, which is an alloy 29er version of the same thing. Love the compliance and handling of the DeeDar.

I should note that I am running it with a non standard setup, sporting 26"x47mm wheels and 2.4 tires. Gonna try some 2.8's for fitment in a few days. BB is 12.x" with this setup, so it rails corners like no other. I've used it everywhere from the skate park, to the jumps, the street, and trails from XC to dh. It's seen 15+ foot gaps and ~6 foot drops.

I do short trail highlights videos from time to time. These two were shot on the DeeDar, one in Arkansas, and the second in my home state of Michigan.

I wouldn't mind if it were designed around the boost standard, and allowed even more clearance, but it's a great bike nonetheless, and for the price... it's like you're losing money if you don't buy it. ;-)
I've been on an Inbred for several years and I've been wanting something longer and more slack. The Dee-Dar caught my attention, but I am sticking with 26" wheels, so I didn't think it was an option. You mention the BB height is over 12". My BB is roughly 12 3/8" and I'm happy there. So this may be a good option! Are you getting many pedal strikes? Any chance you could post some pictures? I'd really be interested in a profile showing the wheels and clearance. Great videos by the way!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Whats the difference between the 4560b and the DeeDar? and what makes the DeeDar (according to On One website) the next level 45650B?

I'm looking at cost and the tried and true 45650b is $100 USD cheaper. And the DeeDar is made for only a 140mm Fork. Just trying to figure out if its worth it or if the 45650 offers the same qualities for cheaper?

any opinions ?

·
MTB Addict
830 Posts
Looks like the DeeDar is a 142x12 rear instead of 135x10. 45650b is set up to run a front derailer, the DeeDar isn't. The 45650b has rack mounts, the DeeDar doesn't. The DeeDar adds internal cable routing for a dropper and is spec-ed for a 130 - 160mm fork. 45650b says 100 - 150mm fork.

DeeDar looks to have a bit slacker head angle and steeper seat tube angle as well. Based on the geometry spec, it looks like a 130mm Pike would get the DeeDar to its spec-ed geometry so going towards the longer end of the suggested fork range would make it significantly slacker than the 45650b.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Sorry for the delay, but here are a few pics of clearance out back with 26+. Tire is 2.6" actual, or 66mm.

Loads of clearance up top, and about 1/4" average at the chainstays. I eyeballed the dish on my wheels, so a little more on the non drive side for me. Prolly an inch or more clearance for height at the chainstay yoke.

Fit and finish is notably better on this frame than my 456 Evo. More modern geo, with longer front center. Keep in mind that the travel versatility is just marketing. There were no adjustable bits on the Evo, so bb height and angles are compromised at longer/shorter travel, or for all travels.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I barrowed some RF 40mm wheels and 27.5x2.8 Maxxis Reckon from my good friend at Woodside Bike Shop, Woodside CA. Put them on the Deedar for testing and its extremely close but was fun. I did get some rub on lower arm near BB. Enjoy the pics:)

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just got my frame, waiting on other bits to build it up, I'm measuring the BB shell as 73mm not 68mm as it says on their website...
Is it me that's got this wrong!?

1 - 20 of 103 Posts