Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
zombie freerider
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering getting a rolling chasis from On One and I know their prices are already good but I saw on the site where you can put in a coupon code and wondereded if anyone had some inside info on this?? I'm just looking to cut some of the cost off after having to have it shipped internationally - ouch.

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶[$
884 Posts
SaddleRags said:
I'm considering getting a rolling chasis from On One and I know their prices are already good but I saw on the site where you can put in a coupon code and wondereded if anyone had some inside info on this?? I'm just looking to cut some of the cost off after having to have it shipped internationally - ouch.
You can sign-up for the newsletter on their site for coupon codes or ask them if there are any available on their Facebook site but I really haven't seen one in a while. The shipping is slow and expensive (especially compared to Chain Reaction Cycles and other UK sites) but their prices and products are great. Bought one of their 456 Carbon frames on pre-order last year :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,476 Posts
Be sure to NOT have your On-One order ship via FedEx. Then you are hit with customs fees. Ask me how I know.

·
Short-Change-Hero
6,533 Posts
Are you set on the rolling chassis? If not then go through Unreal Cycles as they are based in Oregon and are awesome to work with. You might talk to them about possibly matching the rolling chassis deal to see if they can do it. I have rarely seen a coupon from them, sucks because they do have great items the shipping is what kills it though!

·
Registered
5,476 Posts
gregnash said:
Are you set on the rolling chassis? If not then go through Unreal Cycles as they are based in Oregon and are awesome to work with. You might talk to them about possibly matching the rolling chassis deal to see if they can do it. I have rarely seen a coupon from them, sucks because they do have great items the shipping is what kills it though!
Definitely a good shop to deal with, I first talked with them about getting a On-One 456 SS frame. I waited too long and they were out of stock on the size I needed.

But cost wise, they are about the same after shipping and all. It was 220+650 to get it from the UK, or 269+30 from Unreal Cycles.

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶[$
884 Posts
Another :thumbsup: for Unreal Cycles

Give them a call and see what they can put together for you.

I actually bought my 456 Carbon from them on pre-order but purchased many other related items from On-One that were not available through Unreal. When my 456 frame was delayed multiple times, by no fault of Unreal Cycles, they worked with me to make sure I was happy in the end. Price break, free headset and shipping as well as good communications throughout the process.

Only wish they carried more of the On-One inventory, they would see much more business from me.

·
zombie freerider
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the good info guys. I'm not set on the rolling chasis but it looked like getting some kind of bundle of goodies kept the price from getting too high, meaning I would probably spend too much if I pieced it up entirely on my own. haha
I'll check out Unreal and see what's up.. Being the middle of February I'm in no hurry here, unfortunately

·
Addicted
749 Posts
Sorry to dig up an old thread.
I'm planning on building a commuter bike around the Pompetamine Urban.
Unfortunately, even working in a shop I can't buy or build a singlespeed, flat bar, disc brake bike that will accept a larger 40c tire for the price I can build a Pomp for so...

Am I missing something on the shipping? The site is quoting me $107 shipping to the US for a bike minus the wheels. Ordering a frame in the states is half that.. Did they recently change their shipping rates or did you guys order a long while back? I know the thread was only created 7 months ago.

Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts