Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,476 Posts
Guess no people over 6' (1.8m) in the UK when Brant was designing this thing. Especially being a 29er. Sizing stops at size Large with only an ETT of 24.4" (620mm) and reach of 16.8" (427mm). If this thing wants to compete with the likes of the Banshee Prime, SC TB LT, Kona Process 111, etc. they need to rework the sizing a bit. Especially when they say stuff like this "We recommend the shorter style of stem, from 35-55mm and 720-780mm bars."

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Ah no worries pal... sounds familiar...

Interesting, the reach on the L is longer than a L Tallboy LT and 10mm exactly shorter than a XL, but much shorter than an L Prime or even a M Process 111 (whilst the L Process has the same reach as my hardtail, I want one!).

So no good to Mr six foot five here, but I'm still cannoning around on a nine speed 26in hardtail, so what do I know?

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
When I first read about it, I started thinking about how I could find the money for yet another bike build... and then I saw the reach and effective top tube numbers for the size L. Too short. I guess they don't have tall people in England or expect to sell many of these in Holland or the Scandinavian countries. So thanks Brant, you saved me some money. (However, if I start seeing good deals on the Kona Process 111 in the future, my wallet might be in trouble again).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts