Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
101 - 120 of 140 Posts
thanks! that is a tremendous help. looks good.
by chance to measure the seatstay , might be a little tighter.
thinking the vee trax fatty 2.8 on a 45 rim might fit too.
I think trax fatty 2.8 fits fine on a 45 rim. Actualy thats going to be my next tire. Before bulldozer i run Rocket ron 27.5x3 on i45 rim there was about 2mm clearance in bouth sides. So that wasent the best combo in muddy Finish summer[emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone noticed water inside the frame? Inside my Codeine frame was about 700g / almoust 1litre water when i first noticed that problem. Now after every wash there is about 1-3dl water. I cant figure out where water get inside the frame

newbie here, been learning and researching, anyway, ordered a codeine on Monday from Eng. Arrived to AZ on Wed......I am simply astonished....and it is a stunning frame with great travel....has to be the best value out there.....wow....

View attachment 1110378
small 27.5 from the Philippines

Looks like everyone w/ 2016 29" Codiene still has Brants' original solid rocker /shock link:cool:;)

And the 2016 27.5" Codiene has a new updated "lighter design", not mentioned anywhere on either on--one or plnet x site:skep:. It looks like half the material and different brace location in this updated rocker.

Looks like everyone w/ 2016 29" Codiene still has Brants' original solid rocker /shock link:cool:;)

And the 2016 27.5" Codiene has a new updated "lighter design", not mentioned anywhere on either on--one or plnet x site:skep:. It looks like half the material and different brace location in this updated rocker.
Interesting. Havnt noticed it before.
They used to sell the rockeras a spart part, but cant find it anymore on the site.

OnOne / PX go under, or they still in business w/ a new designer?

just remember the Portland location "burnt" down; that was a while ago
They seem to be in a bit of financial bother at the moment.

They have pulled out of the US entirely, apparently that side of the business was losing money and the warehouse fire was the final straw. They've laid off almost 80 people in the last 18 months as well, 24 towards the end of 2015 and another 50-ish in November. That's about half the work force.

The EU exit vote really hammered them, everything they sell is made in Taiwan/China and the value of Sterling fell thirty percent. For companies like Hope, Orange and Superstar that make their own stuff it's been great, for companies that exclusively import they are suddenly less competitive.

Even before that they were pretty marginal, they somehow made a loss on £20 million turnover in 2015. I expect they'll survive, but the ranges they sell will shrink, they sell seven or eight different Ti road/cross frames right now and that's not sustainable.

Had mine 2.1/2yrs now. Slacked the head out by 1deg still love it. Missed out this year but I plan to ride the Megavalanche next year on it. Didn't know about the financial issues but here in the UK I wouldn't I suppose. Brexitwise I'm an optimist.

I attempted to order one in Feb 2015, but they were all of out of stock and couldn't give me an ETA, so I canceled my order. flash forward to today (and a couple of bikes later), and I have a blue frame sitting in my room ready to be built up :)

PSA on the forum looking for a decent frame to start a budget build: I picked up a package deal on on one's site. It was 980 shipped to my door for the frame, shock, fork, and dropper post. the suspension isn't the high end stuff, but enough to get you out on the trail and you can worry about upgrading later. its even cheaper to go the frame only route if you fit on a small (350ish for a small frame).

wheels get here next week. rest of the stuff will get bought after pay day. super excited!

put my wheels and front end on my bike yesterday so I could sell how it feels, hot damn these things are short! I should be able to make do, but I wouldn't recommend a medium to anyone over 5-9 to 5-10. I think their sizing chart goes up to 6 ft for a medium

still very excited though, its getting there!

does anyone know what is the smallest size ring you can run on these things? I have a x0 crankset with a 28t direct mount sprocket. I think it may be too small and I may need to bump up to a 30t. can anyone confirm?

FWIW, I plan to build the bike with a clutch der to keep chainslap at bay.

101 - 120 of 140 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.