Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
81 - 100 of 140 Posts
Can any Codeine owner share the weight and build of their bike? Also any thoughts on how the bike feels on tight and twisty trails since some have commented it on the long wheelbase.
hi betorac,

in the midst of building mine up next month, then will be able to share thoughts, specs..
subscribed to thread i am

Hi I got the complete build when they first went on sale. Changes I've made, Kore 45mm stem (10mm longer) to fit the 35mm Raceface sixC bar. WTB i25's with hope front hub and original sram rear magic marys f/r. absolute black oval 30t and Mallet DH's. I find it doesn't take much more effort to get round tight stuff and through slalom type stuff at speed it feels great just moving around the bike tipping it in and letting the tyres get on with it. Nice and stable in the air and composed over the rooty bits. It won't break any records on the climbs but I have NO trouble staying to the front and the rear shock does a great job of finding grip. I have run this bike on an uplift day at a DH track called Revolution bike park, just down the freeride line and ghetto section (pretty rooty/gnarly) and had a ball. Wouldn't do it to often as I don't want to kill it. I'll check the weight tonight.

Hi I got the complete build when they first went on sale. Changes I've made, Kore 45mm stem (10mm longer) to fit the 35mm Raceface sixC bar. WTB i25's with hope front hub and original sram rear magic marys f/r. absolute black oval 30t and Mallet DH's. I find it doesn't take much more effort to get round tight stuff and through slalom type stuff at speed it feels great just moving around the bike tipping it in and letting the tyres get on with it. Nice and stable in the air and composed over the rooty bits. It won't break any records on the climbs but I have NO trouble staying to the front and the rear shock does a great job of finding grip. I have run this bike on an uplift day at a DH track called Revolution bike park, just down the freeride line and ghetto section (pretty rooty/gnarly) and had a ball. Wouldn't do it to often as I don't want to kill it. I'll check the weight tonight.
zx1200r,

Thanks for the info and review. The Codeine sounds like the kind of bike I'm looking for. Being a long travel 29er the geo has to be spot on so its not cumbersome to handle. Its in my top 3 for possible new bike. If you can provide the weight that would awesome just so I have a rough idea.

Good info and this bike frame is on the top of my list as well....just need to confirm the weight. Hoping to set it up with 27.5+ rear and possibly a 2.8 inch tire if it does not throw off the geo too much and fits! May keep the front 29 in but maybe go B+ on the front. The rest of the bike will be light carbon parts and a dropper...this thing should rip and tear it up!

Good info and this bike frame is on the top of my list as well....just need to confirm the weight. Hoping to set it up with 27.5+ rear and possibly a 2.8 inch tire if it does not throw off the geo too much and fits! May keep the front 29 in but maybe go B+ on the front. The rest of the bike will be light carbon parts and a dropper...this thing should rip and tear it up!
NH Mtbiker,

You might want to wait for the Hadza. It'll make switching between 27.5+ and 29er wheels easier.

What's new and coming next from on one | Products | News | On-One Bikes

I wanna know more about the Hazda! What hubs does use? How big of a tire can it fit in the back?

I've been eyeing the Codiene 29 and 27.5 this year but was holding out for something with more tire clearance. The Hazda might be it!

I read from one of Brant's post the Codeine's BB height is 13.2".

Anyone run 27.5 wheels with 2.35 tyres on the Codeine yet?

What would the BB height become and will it be a good outcome?
I built my Codeine up originally with a 140MM RS Revelation 29er wheels but have always wanted to try this 27.5 thing so picked up a set of wheels and 150mm Marzocci TI 29er fork running 27.5x2.35 Schwalbe front and rear.

I have not had a chance to ride it yet but plan to tomorrow and can tell you from sitting on it it feels way more aggressive and more comfortable for me

Btw as it sits now the center of the B.B. is about 12.5"

1st picture is set up 29" fork and wheels - 2nd picture is set up with 29er fork/27.5 wheels

Tire Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle wheel rim
Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle wheel rim

Does anyone have a medium size and willing to check the standover? I thought I read somewhere that its over 32 inches...which is a bit on the high side for a M!
At 5' 10" with a 32" inseam my Medium built 29" felt tall for me but since swapping out to 27.5 wheels it is 100x more comfortable for me.

I built my Codeine up originally with a 140MM RS Revelation 29er wheels but have always wanted to try this 27.5 thing so picked up a set of wheels and 150mm Marzocci TI 29er fork running 27.5x2.35 Schwalbe front and rear.

I have not had a chance to ride it yet but plan to tomorrow and can tell you from sitting on it it feels way more aggressive and more comfortable for me

Btw as it sits now the center of the B.B. is about 12.5"

1st picture is set up 29" fork and wheels - 2nd picture is set up with 29er fork/27.5 wheels

View attachment 1027475 View attachment 1027476

At 5' 10" with a 32" inseam my Medium built 29" felt tall for me but since swapping out to 27.5 wheels it is 100x more comfortable for me.
Chris, love the 27.5 setup on the 29 Codeine! With the low BB, it should rail on smooth singletrack! Give us a full ride report. Your rig looks good! :thumbsup:

It's funny because my 29er project started out with the basic white/orange large Codeine 29er frame, but ended up a matte black frame. Since I used my friends paint booth with a light sand/prep, it was not too hard to spray it matte black. It's now stealth looking with only the On One UK badge on the front headtube.

Yesterday, I lowered the Pike fork from 140mm to 130mm and it rides so much better for the trails around me and it lowered the BB just a tad (feels good!). The last picture is with the Pike at 140mm (prior the the change to 130mm). I also rerouted the rear derailleur cable with the new Shimano XT 11 speed drivetrain (11-42 rear) not shown in the picture. I'm loving the bike so far! If anyone is on the fence on the Codeine 29er. It's really a fun trail/enduro bike! :cool:

Floor Room Flooring Ceiling Iron
Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle part Bicycle wheel

Bicycle tire Tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame Wheel

Attachments

Why wait for the hazda running a specialized purgatory in the front and a trimmed ground control in the back [URL=https://flic.kr/p/ACvNiT]DSC_0845 by RYAN KENT, on Flickr[/URL]
So Sexy!!
Ride report?

You say a "trimmed" ground control, is that because the tire rubs the chain stay?

Whats the IRD on those hoops? I believe they're 23mm? I'd imagine a rim with an IRD of 30-45mm would only complicate things. May have to hold out longer for that Hazda...

Any chance you can take pictures looking down thru the chainstays?

Thanks!

Hi guys! First post.

This is my codeine 29.
Tire Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Wheel Bicycle wheel

Product Bicycle accessory Line Iron Metal

Bicycle frame Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle fork

Bicycle part Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Bicycle Bicycle accessory

Pike RC
Monarch plus RC3 Debon
Hope cranks
XT 11speed
XT brakes (will be changed to zee calipers due to problems with the xt)
Yep uptimizer
Ergon saddle (anyone have tips of an orange insted?)
Thomson Trail Carbon 750mm handlebar
Hope stem
77designz bash and chainguide
Funworks 4way hubs with xm481 rims. (2pairs)
Slikgraphics decals on wheels, fork and dampers.

And me, att Vallåsen bikepark :D
Natural environment Plant community Mountain bike Tree Trail

Whats the Frame Spec on for On-One Codeine 29er, like whats the Rear & Front Travel? Can't seem to fine any info on the frame.

Also How does it rides? How does it compare to other FS? Whats the widest 29" tires you can put on it?

For those that ordered the game / bike from the stats how much was the custom charges for you?

Whats the Frame Spec on for On-One Codeine 29er, like whats the Rear & Front Travel? Can't seem to fine any info on the frame.

Also How does it rides? How does it compare to other FS? Whats the widest 29" tires you can put on it?

For those that ordered the game / bike from the stats how much was the custom charges for you?
The 29er frame is built for 130mm rear and 140mm front.
27.5 150mm rear and 160mm front.

I think the 29er runs really good. It works on my normal quite rough but plain trails. Not much of them hills in south sweden. But it also works really great upwards and also for the occasional day at the enduro track or park.

I run 2.4 NNN and maxxis 2.3 (on 30mm innerwidth rims) with quite a bit room left.

About the customs i have nothing to come with. They where still in the EU when i ordered :p

can anybody measure the chainstay /seatstay clearance on the on-one codeine frame 29er , thanks !
trying to figure out if I can fit a 27.5+ 2.8 on a 45mm rim in the back

I just ordered a 27.5 size S frame. My girl was a bit jealous on my codeine so.
Bought it with the damper from the kit. Will fit it with a Manitou Mattoc Pro fork 160mm.

Pictures will come :D

81 - 100 of 140 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.