Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
I love the geometry of the On-One frames (I have two inbreds - 1 single speed, 1 geared). Either this or the Ti456 will be my next frame.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Ojos Azules said:
http://www.on-one-shop.co.uk/?p=21574

Looks like tapered headtube, direct mount FD, internal cable guides and
replaceable dropouts.
Knowing On-One price policy, could this be Niner Air 9 Carbon killer (at least for us europeans) ?
Also looks like post style disc mount between the seat and chain stays. Very interesting, but I hope they are using some steel inserts or something.

Mark

·
Registered
489 Posts
Ojos Azules said:
http://www.on-one-shop.co.uk/?p=21574

Looks like tapered headtube, direct mount FD, internal cable guides and
replaceable dropouts.
Knowing On-One price policy, could this be Niner Air 9 Carbon killer (at least for us europeans) ?
How do you see a tapered head tube, or internal cable guides in that drawing? What other information are you privy to? Spill it.

Is it safe to assume they won't be ready this season?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bondseye said:
How do you see a tapered head tube, or internal cable guides in that drawing? What other information are you privy to? Spill it.

Is it safe to assume they won't be ready this season?

Since you obviously haven't look at the pictures and red the text, here is a link to bigger picture just for you.
Take a closer look and you will see a tapered head tube, and pay attention to headtube-toptube section and seatstay above rear dropout.

https://www.on-one-shop.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/carbon-29er.jpg

As for availability, your guess is as good as mine.

·
Harmonius Wrench
8,254 Posts
My guess would be that there will be an EBB here. Internal routing leaves you a clean SS look. Also, internal routing just works better with these massive cross sections like Niner is using.

That BB area is huge. An EBB would go in there no problemo.

On One claims sample frames will be under testers in three weeks.

·
Harmonius Wrench
8,254 Posts
Update: I was wrong

Just got word that I was wrong. The new carbon rig as seen here will be an all out XC race machine with no provision for SS.

However; I have also been told that there will be a version in the future with "swap outs" to set up as a single speed.

This frame is being designed with their sponsored racer Richard Ussher in mind for XTerra events.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
dblspeed said:
to improve on the scandal/inbred geo or not, that is the question :idea:

The only thing I would tweak on it is the HT length. They are way too short on the XL and L frames...
Their website sux too, but that has nothing to do with the bike...

·
awesome
812 Posts
toddre said:
The only thing I would tweak on it is the HT length. They are way too short on the XL and L frames...
Their website sux too, but that has nothing to do with the bike...
what I meant was, if they change the geo, will it be an improvement?

rensho said:
No SS? Boooooooo!

I dig that cable routing though.
if the chainstay length is right you could go with the yess bb mounted tensioner

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
dblspeed said:
if the chainstay length is right you could go with the yess bb mounted tensioner
yep. Also possible are the WI Eccentric hub or the Forward Components EBB adapter

1 - 20 of 22 Posts