Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

On-One 456 anyone?

4924 Views 12 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  cockroach
I've been eyeing these frames lustfully. An all-mountain hardtail, disc compatible with plenty o' tire clearance.

I dig it.

And I want one.

Anyone here have one? Thoughts, comments?

http://www.on-one.co.uk/index.php?m..._user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=3&MMN_position=3:3

Attachments

See less See more
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
never ridden the bike, but i'm always eager to say that brant & on-one are top notch. i bet it rocks.

If I didn't already have 4 bikes I would have ordered one already. I love the geometry and philosophy of the company. With an adjustable travel fork the 456 would be a wicked all rounder.
I like mine

but it (insert gender here) doesn't get out too much. Actually rode it a little today, after some brutal miles on the full susser over the weekend. I ride it (ridden it) on all the usual trails I ride the full susser on too. Climbs great, snappy rear, can accomodate up to a 6" fork (more confidence on the steeper downs for me), carves singletrack, nice all around ride. Mine will probably get some miles in this week as I wait for parts for the new Nomad I'm gonna buy tomorrow!:eek:

I'm 5'10" and ride a 16", I was on the fence between sizes (16" & 18") but I'm glad I went with the 16", top tubes are pretty long.

Attachments

See less See more
Doh!

InvictaS1 said:
I searched and searched and didn't git nuthin'. Thanks.
nativeson said:
but it (insert gender here) doesn't get out too much.
I'll send you my address and the cost of shipping. I'll send it back when you want to ride it.

nativeson said:
I ride it (ridden it) on all the usual trails I ride the full susser on too. Climbs great, snappy rear, can accomodate up to a 6" fork (more confidence on the steeper downs for me), carves singletrack, nice all around ride.
That's exactly what piques my interest. A real, all around hardtail mountain bike.

nativeson said:
I'm 5'10" and ride a 16", I was on the fence between sizes (16" & 18") but I'm glad I went with the 16", top tubes are pretty long.
Yeah, I read somewhere, maybe on their site that their TT length runs long. Thanks for the info! :)
notrelatedtoted said:
I've been eyeing these frames lustfully. An all-mountain hardtail, disc compatible with plenty o' tire clearance.

I dig it.

And I want one.

Anyone here have one? Thoughts, comments?

http://www.on-one.co.uk/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=3&MMN_position=3:3
Get one. I have a frame that I bought a couple of months ago that I'm waiting to build up.

Let me know if you want me to post close-ups of the frame. I have a bunch of pictures that I took when I got it and I can take some more if you have any specific requests.

I know of an MTBR member who built his just last week. Maybe he'll chime in with his initial impressions.
Git thee behind me...

tvrbob86 said:
Get one. I have a frame that I bought a couple of months ago that I'm waiting to build up.

Let me know if you want me to post close-ups of the frame. I have a bunch of pictures that I took when I got it and I can take some more if you have any specific requests.

I know of an MTBR member who built his just last week. Maybe he'll chime in with his initial impressions.
I'm about to drop major coinage on a new heat pump. When putting out a feeler a couple of weeks ago, wife asked "yeah, but does it cool and heat the house?"

Still, the price is right for a steel frame...
It is all that you hope it will be. Bought one that's 3 or 4 years old, sandblasted and painted it (and the Pike 454 to match). It's one of the most capable bikes I have ridden in 21 years of mtb...Built as 1x9 with sun singletrack 29mm(width) rims and hayes 9 brakes, heavy stem and bar, Conti Vertical Pro 2.3, mid grade parts,...It weighs 30.8 lbs as is.
This bike produces major smiles often. It is happiest with the Pike at max travel (geometry-wise) and the faster you go the more you will love the ride feel. Great bike!

Attachments

See less See more
Onone Ti 456

I have a Onone Ti 456. Love it. Needs to be built as a trail bike. I am a little over 6 ft and the 18 inch fits perfect. The top tube is definitely on the long side. If you're going to get one I really recommend the Ti. Mine is the original Lynskey but the new Van Nicholas looks great also!
Just ordered up a Brown Chocolate 20'' 456. Originally had a Transition Transam on my mind along with a Ragley, but at half the price Transam, and 50% less than the Ragley, I figured why not give it a shot. Wasn't sure if a burly hard tail is for me so I didn't want to put too much money into a frame when I might get the itch to go FS.

Got the last Brown 20'' left in stock actually, just ordered it an hour ago. None of the "trendy" colors do anything for me.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.