Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, actually in another thread this was asked:
IndyJonez said:
Allright, what's with all the on-one threads popping up lately?

What's the deal with these bikes? Seems like a lot of people have them here, can someone explain please?
Dunno... I really like my Inbred, the first one was a used frame in small (the white one) and it is a geat ride, have bent two seatposts now so I took advantage of the Unreal deal and got the medium sand Inbred which I am still tweaking to the cockpit to match the white one's.

I did not want to dump pictures of my Inbreds in the Aussie guys thread and detract from his sweet commuter.

·
trail rat
7,825 Posts
Use ETT and standover of your best fitting bike as a guide.

I have a white sliding Inbred 29er that has been through lots of changes, Fleegle, Mary, Midge, fixed, stock wheels, fixed Kris Holm monster wheels (5.2 lbs front & 5.8 lbs rear :eek:). I have thought about getting the sand with horizontal dropouts for more ease of using different wheels with a couple tooth difference in cogs. Fun bikes!

·
Keep Riding !!
167 Posts
Nice builds indeed

The lefty's are a bit unusual for Inbreds but have heard they're good forks

To answer ConcreteJungle I'm also about the same size, maybe 1/2" shorter and my 19.5" 29'er fits me great with a 110mm stem, you're probably in between sizes, if you like a smaller 'chuckable' bike go for the 19.5" or if you like a bit more stretched out racer feels go for the 21"

·
Registered
57 Posts
Well that's cool, seems a lot of people use these frames for their "budget" builds and such. That's good to hear, cause when I finally get around to picking myself a frame ill definately be in the budget state of mind.

Was checking out the All Mtn. section of mtbr last night and saw all the pics in the "post your AM hardtails" thread and it seemed that most folks had chameleons but I'd say a close 2nd were to the people posting their inbreds! Sorta made me a little MORE interested in this frame since I'm looking for a more all around/all mtn style geo to do a little of everything.

So cool, the inbred will be moving up my list of frame to research.

Thanx!

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
Maybe I should start another thread!...

I just ordered an Inbred 29er from unreal today! I have no complaints with my current frame except that I have to use a chain tensioner for SS. Upgrading to steel will be a nice bonus. The deal was way too good to pass up and I am negating most of the cost by selling my useless geared drivetrain stuff and some parts bin stuff. I can't wait!

·
Registered
863 Posts
I have had my Inbred for about three years now and it has seen a hell of alot of use/abuse.In the 22 years i have been mountain biking and out of probably close to about forty bikes it is probably the best i have owned.For the price,ride,durability and the way it looks you cant really beat it in my opinion and i have had my share of exotica aswell.Mine is set up with the Surly instigator fork,singlespeed with average components and its one of those bikes when you come back from a long ride,even if its been very wet and muddy you can just put it in the garage,leave it for a week and you could hop on it and ride again(few squeaks perhaps).Very,VERY good value.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I wasn't really in the market for a new frame. But, $250 for a brand new inbred 29er shipped was to good to pass up. So........new frame is on the way! First 29er. And I haven't been on a steel MTB in about 14 years - should be awesome!

·
Registered
681 Posts
I concur with the above. I've had my Inbred for about five years now, and it has seen an endless list of different setups, but the frame rides so well in all kinds of circumstances... You cannot go wrong with On One parts!

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
pulsepro said:
I wasn't really in the market for a new frame. But, $250 for a brand new inbred 29er shipped was to good to pass up. So........new frame is on the way! First 29er. And I haven't been on a steel MTB in about 14 years - should be awesome!
The Inbred kicks butt - you will dig it!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
I will be receiving my frame tomorrow!

How many of you had the bb faced and chased? I was told by Unreal that doesn't come that way but should be ready to build anyway. What do you think?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Got mine today. I've got the whole winter to put together the build but I think I should get the fork now. Minute 29'er 100mm works for a squishy front end correct. It's built for a 100mm fork if I'm not mistaken. Sorry for the dumb question.

I'm stoked to ride this thing after the long build is complete.

·
trail rat
7,825 Posts
boomn said:

How many of you had the bb faced and chased? I was told by Unreal that doesn't come that way but should be ready to build anyway. What do you think?
Always, always, always. That and head tube. The faces have to be straight for bearings to run smooth and last. Always, no exceptions. Even if it looks like it was done, I check it with tools, run them onto / into the frame..

·
Supreme Enchilada
87 Posts
boomn said:

I didn't face or chase mine(bb or head tube).

1 - 20 of 36 Posts