Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Well?

What are you all waiting for? Give them your pro-bike feedback. Get someone in the community there to get them to ask for feedback on the positives associated with cycling instead of always some eco-nazi view.

I'm still stunned that the fact there has been a ski area there for decades is inconsiquential. Hellooooo! Having the same BS issues with Stevens Pass up here.

Idiots.

·
On wuss patrol
5,159 Posts
Borneo said:
What are you all waiting for? Give them your pro-bike feedback. Get someone in the community there to get them to ask for feedback on the positives associated with cycling instead of always some eco-nazi view.
I as well as perhaps 100s of others have sent positive and supportive comments and letters to the appropriate, designated entities. Does anyone kid themselves enough to think KGW would try to cull these out of all the dialogue on this issue? Why even obtain bike-positive comments from NWTA reps and those in the biking community let alone report them when the pap from the eco-enviro-nazis makes better news and seems more in line with the agenda of KGW's staff and top mgmt?

I want to see this amazing addition to the outdoor sports activities in our region but if it's like everything else mtbing-related, I got a bad feeling about this.

·
Living Ghetto Fabulous!
3,749 Posts
noparking said:
two anti biking articles in one week they're on a roll
Well, this article in particular doesn't seem one sided. They present arguments from both sides...

What IS one-sided is making the issue public. Honestly, this would be a non-issue if they didn't pay so much attention to it. Public comment? Sure, but the majority rule will be against us. :rolleyes:

·
I got nothin'
739 Posts
Longboarding

How about the front page today? A nice positive article about long boarding. Just about everything they note as positive, you could make the same argument about mountain biking.

·
On wuss patrol
5,159 Posts
Uncle Cliffy said:
Well, this article in particular doesn't seem one sided. They present arguments from both sides...
Perhaps they do, but how balanced would you say the following is (copied and pasted exactly as it appears in e-print)? If you were just Joe Schmo Portland citizen, which side would seem to have more credibility or impact to you?

"Opponents include the Friends of Mount Hood and a coalition of environmental groups.

'Turning this peaceful high alpine setting of meadows, wetlands, and forest into a downhill bike park is an insult to the heritage of Timberline Lodge,' said Dennis Chaney, board member of Friends of Mt. Hood.

Lori Ann Burd, attorney for Bark, Mt. Hood's watchdog group, said 'this area is right above the headwaters of Still Creek, which is home to threatened steelhead and coho salmon.'

Supporters contend that everything that's proposed conforms with Forest Service environmental guidelines. Building an organized and challenging trail system will lessen the creation of clandestine trails."

Oh, the photo. A big hit-type bike launching off a drop, not an AM ride bumping along a rock garden, not a XC rig picking it's way
along a single track.
Spin, baby.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.