Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
221 - 240 of 440 Posts

·
Registered
6,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #221 ·
I don’t like changing my original choice.
But based on current information.
1. Evie
2. Jenny
3. Loan

men
1. MVPD.
2. Fluck
3. Cink

I blame any name misspelling on auto correct

Reactions: Udyr

·
Registered
104 Posts
Four months ago this was my guess:
Women:
Gold: Pauline Ferrand Prevot
Silver: Jolanda Neff
Bronze: Jenny Rissveds

Men:
Gold: Mvdp
Silver: Nino Schurter
Bronze: Victor Koretzky

My updated guess (due to Jolandas injury and Koretzky looking a bit off the pace):

Women:
Gold: Jenny Rissveds
Silver: Pauline Ferrand Prevot
Bronze: Loana Lecomte

Men:
Gold: Mvdp
Silver: Nino Schurter
Bronze: Mathias Flückiger

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Women:
Evie, Jenny, and one American but I have no idea which order. I feel like Loana peaked too early and the course won't suit her, but she is on a tear, so maybe it won't matter.

Men:
MVDP for gold, someone random from the front runners for silver, one of the Cannondale riders for Bronze

·
Registered
101 Posts
My original picks a few months ago:
Women:
Gold - Courtney
Silver - PfP
Bronze - Terpstra
Outside pick - Laura Stigger

Men:
Gold - MvDP
Silver - Jordan Sarrou
Bronze - Fluckiger
Outside pick - Kerschbaumer

I think I missed a lot on the women's side, although Stigger has been very solid throughout the year. Updated picks:
Gold: Loana
Silver: Rissveds
Bronze: PfP

On the Men's side, I'll keep the same people, just swap 2 and 3.
Men:
Gold - MvDP
Silver - Fluckiger
Bronze - Jordan Sarrou

·
Your Best Friend
5,409 Posts
Are you all going to keep changing your picks right up until the last lap of the race?

I think once you've picked, you're done.

Keep having fun.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Are you all going to keep changing your picks right up until the last lap of the race?

I think once you've picked, you're done.

Keep having fun.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
This is why I've been waiting to make my first picks until the last lap of the race...suckers.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I think MVDP is going to be a monster on those punchy climbs.

1. MVDP
2. Fluckiger
3. Sarrou (coming on form)

If any of the above make a mistake, I think Nino will pick up the scraps.

Women:

1. Rissveds
2. Lecomte
3. PFP

Unless Evie elbows her way through at a spring finish.

Now I'm just hoping I can actually watch these races???

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Looks like the Loana train continues to roll at the French Championships..... Beat PFP by over a minute and a half.
And Maxime took the men's. Stoked for him. He's been struggling to get on form but it all came together yesterday

·
No. Just No.
5,322 Posts
And Maxime took the men's. Stoked for him. He's been struggling to get on form but it all came together yesterday
I admire Maxime's consistency over most of the last decade. It's odd because watching him ride there's nothing to me that screams "fast" but he's quietly very solid in all the competencies that matter. Great rider.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I admire Maxime's consistency over most of the last decade. It's odd because watching him ride there's nothing to me that screams "fast" but he's quietly very solid in all the competencies that matter. Great rider.
completely agree. Fantastic bloke too.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Is there a link ? Thanks.

·
No. Just No.
5,322 Posts
Is there a link ? Thanks.
A link to Maxime's quiet but solid and well-rounded competencies as a top XC racer? You could watch a few races on redbull.tv

BTW, putting this back on point with the thread topic, I don't see Maxime as a top medal contender for the Olympics despite this excellent result at the French nats. Maybe in the last Olympic cycle I would have had him on my list. However, I don't think his overall consistency will match up now against the field on a single day when everyone is trying to peak. WIlling to be pleasantly surprised though.

·
Registered
6,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #236 ·
A link to Maxime's quiet but solid and well-rounded competencies as a top XC racer? You could watch a few races on redbull.tv

BTW, putting this back on point with the thread topic, I don't see Maxime as a top medal contender for the Olympics despite this excellent result at the French nats. Maybe in the last Olympic cycle I would have had him on my list. However, I don't think his overall consistency will match up now against the field on a single day when everyone is trying to peak. WIlling to be pleasantly surprised though.
Is he going? I thought the French only had two spots for the men.

·
Registered
205 Posts
So awesome that there's about 10 people in each class that can take medals, previous years you could have picked podium spots pretty easily

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
One last prediction, Fluekiger will use his fine performance this year to score a contract with a major manufacturer. Even though he's 32, he's got a few good years left, and if we wins a medal as I'm predicting, hopefully they'll show him the money and he signs with Scott or Specialized.

221 - 240 of 440 Posts