Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a local loop with some friends today called Olmstead Loop, located in Cool, CA. We started out with aspirations of doing the loop twice, or at least doing a full loop and then a half loop. The back half of the trail had such thick mud that we abandoned those hopes :). It was like pedaling through frosting or something. It was also pretty cold - 34 degrees when we set out just before noon (which is pretty cold for some California boys) :).

Enough jabbering. Pics!

The hardest hill on this trail is fairly steep, but what makes it hard is all of the exposed rock. I've yet to make it all the way up.

Here's me trying:

No good:

mtbr sublime1 also trying the hill:

Ouch:

On the trail just before the above pic is where we started hitting the really thick mud:

mtbr member Egan trying to get enough mud out of his bike to get it roll again while he and sublime laugh at his predicament:

Most of the puddles along the trail were partially or fully iced over:

Egan pushing through it:

The group. sublime1, Me, Egan and RandyB:

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
merlin said:
come back in march for the race. I guess you know the loop you rode is the race course for the Cool MTB race. It's muddy blast.
I've thought about entering but I'm just not fast enough. And I'm scared to ride in the conditions for that race - I swear, they could hold it in July and it would still snow the day before the race :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.