Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.bcf.uk.com/press/08_oli'sbike.shtml

Its been 5years since oli has competed on a hardtail (well from what i can remember), maybe he has to ride it, or the course is very easy, ?

Still very nice though, mmmmmmmmmmm carbon, wonder how much it weighs? :)

Pitty it isnt very patriotic. :(

·
bonkin' clyde
831 Posts
personally

nathan.j said:
http://www.bcf.uk.com/press/08_oli'sbike.shtml

Its been 5years since oli has competed on a hardtail (well from what i can remember), maybe he has to ride it, or the course is very easy, ?

Still very nice though, mmmmmmmmmmm carbon, wonder how much it weighs? :)

Pitty it isnt very patriotic. :(
I wouldn't put it above the 20 lb/9 kg mark. Man I've always been amazed at Scott's engineers, why the heck don't hey start feeling the american market. Yes they'd be expensive as hell but imagine the waves they'd create, making tough competition for Giant, Trek, C'dale, etc...

·
6x7=Dont Panic!
2,014 Posts
bluronthetrails said:
I wouldn't put it above the 20 lb/9 kg mark. Man I've always been amazed at Scott's engineers, why the heck don't hey start feeling the american market. Yes they'd be expensive as hell but imagine the waves they'd create, making tough competition for Giant, Trek, C'dale, etc...
Scott is available in the US now...

·
Banned
5,770 Posts
LTD version 5400 Euro...

according to the newest german magazines the flagship of those HTs, the "Scale Limited" will cost 5400 Euro. i guess that already includes 16% german Tax.
so without those 16% that's still 5600 US$

the bike is said to weigh 8.7 kilos/ 19 lbs and Scott is usually pretty accurate with its weights. the bike features:
lightest available Carbon frame
SID Worldcup
DT wheels with DT ceramic rims
Race Face Deus Crankset
XTR shifting
Avid V-Brakes
SLR Kit Carbonio saddle
Ritchey WCS stem
Ritchey WCS Carbon Handlebar

about the only item you would have to change are the tires which are some Scott labeled rubbers.

·
6x7=Dont Panic!
2,014 Posts
donkekus said:
Hey Nino,
any idea if it's available frame only? or one of the lower Scales are? Disc too, right?
Cuz, I know you're crazy about Vs but I like discs..

$5600. whoa.
You realize the frame alone would be more than half of that price. And ya just sold yer moots... I do have a question though, so my post is not pointless. Will it be available through US scott dealers? I would imagine so, but does anyone know for sure?

·
Banned
5,770 Posts
frameset fo disc and V

you sure can get framesets too.
the complete bikes all come with discs except the most expensive one, the Limited. the framesets will have both options i guess.

5600$ is based upon my calculation.it might be less, who knows. but the best never was cheap..for that money you get a bike that only needs other tires.8.7 kilos and componentry you can race right out of the showroom floor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.