Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Went today... freaking amazing weather. I'm a "bit" sad to say that they've done some lame trail work... they sanded down the entrance to Dragon's Gate and Oyster Ridge... so now only the TOP part of it has the roots left... no more hucking over the whole thing, Daniel :-( Also, they dumbed down one of the French Connection drops... I think.

All in all, good time as always... just weird because then they add an 'expert' section (stairs) and now the dumb down others... who's smoking crack up there

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RSANT994 said:
I had not riden since early Dec so when i was approching the dragon gate today i always go in with a good amount of speed b/c of the roots, when i saw no roots i was like wtf happen to the roots:mad:
LOL same thing happened today... and I was "so" about to give it ALL i had lol... from all the speed I didn't bleed off in the beginning I think I did half the trail w/o having to pedal again rofl

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I found that if you really really fast, since you lose very little speed in the beginning (the sanded down part), the top, with all the roots, you just roll over it...

·
Registered
218 Posts
Paul and I went today and were about 40% of the way through Gilligans and it started to rain and I mean hard. We were soaked.

Fun but no bridges with the wet stuff.

We were talking about Markham next week if anyone is interested.

·
TRANCER
2,780 Posts
Just got back from Oleta and what a mud bath. We still had alot of fun sliding all over the place. Did Oyster Ridge. A bit slippery but not as bad as i thought it was going to be. The beginning of twin peaks was nasty. But the Dragon trails were both great. French Connection and Xmas Tree were also great. I didnt even bother with Gilligans with that kind of downpour in effect.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.