Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
G

·
Damn, that is real sweet! Just cannot get enough of stair rides, just wish it was a bit longer or even steeper. That place is looking better and better! You south FL trail builders are doing a fine job, so keep up the great work. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea, gator when you come down the steep wood, immediate right. has a big black diamond with an advanced sign on it.

And BIG :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: to the trail builders!!!

·
Registered
218 Posts
OMG, I endo'd off that before they put the stairs in. I couldn't get up for at least 15 minutes. Man did it hurt. My legs were all bloody and I thought I broke my ribs. I welcome the stairs. It took me 6 weeks before I could laugh without pain.

·
Registered
116 Posts
mikerod87 said:
OMG, I endo'd off that before they put the stairs in. I couldn't get up for at least 15 minutes. Man did it hurt. My legs were all bloody and I thought I broke my ribs. I welcome the stairs. It took me 6 weeks before I could laugh without pain.
That probably was a fracture, actually. I've never fractured a rib myself but my dad and a few buddies have and most of the time you can function, just really sore.

They look like fun!

·
Expert Crasher
6,358 Posts
OSOK - how were the trail conditions? North Miami Beach got 14+ inches of rain on that big storm 17-18 December.

·
Registered
80 Posts
GreenLightGo said:
OSOK - how were the trail conditions? North Miami Beach got 14+ inches of rain on that big storm 17-18 December.
I rode Oleta on the 26th and all the trails were as dry as can be. the front gate had a sign saying the giligan and volunteer trail were flooded but i went thru the volunteer trail and it was dry, i didnt bother with giligan so maybe that sign was placed right after the rain and they just forgot to bring it down.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Since we got all the replies here... how aboout organize some kind of group ride on Sunday or Friday? I think I'm up to the level now where I can keep up with people, or at least not be an annoyance holding everyone back lol...

·
Expert Crasher
6,358 Posts
Pre-rode the 12hrs of Oleta course today - trail was in great shape. Intellicast indicates .19" of rain this afternoon so it should be good for tomorrow - nice and tacky. Robinson Ridge will be a little slick in the normal spots - will have to watch.

Gilligans still closed.

Can't ride this Sunday, doing the 6-hr solo tomorrow. Will need Sunday off to rest the anticipated aches and pains.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.