Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
youtube.com/quik564
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Highlights of the entire Oleta River State Park mountain bike trail system in North Miami Beach, FL. Filmed with the GoPro HD at 960p resolution.

Trails include: Strangler Fig, El Diablo, Half Pipe, Americorps, Gator Bank, Gumbo Limbo, Dragon's Gate, Dragon's Tail, Kitchen Sink, FIU Overlook, French Connection, Christmas Tree, Oyster Ridge, Mangrove Bridge, High Pass, Robinson Ridge, Gilligan's Island, Area 51, Goldstick, and Volunteer.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Excellent video. I just learned some new lines. I sent it to my buddies to see if they want to drive down this weekend. This is a great way for me to get others to ride down from West Palm Beach.

·
Expert Crasher
6,358 Posts
Well done! Good skills too. I can see more than a couple of spots at which I have not ridden things so 'cleanly'!

FYI - the section you show as Robinson Ridge is actually the Stairway to Heaven trail. I

·
Registered
103 Posts
41ants said:
whats all that crap on the trails. Looks like carpet or plastic?
41ants,
Oleta is a Florida State Park built on land that used to be underwater less than 50 years ago ( it used to be part of Biscayne Bay). The trails have been built through stands of non-native Australian pines and the trails are very rocky and rooty but the ground is essentially sand. Where you see the pieces of carpet on the ground are spots where if left uncovered the bike tires would erode the trail down and then you wouldn't have any of those elements left :madman:
It is Mountain Bike near the ocean with creativity and a lot of effort by volunteers from the local association.. ORAA ( Oleta River Adventure Association) .:thumbsup:

·
Registered
124 Posts
CraigCreekRider said:
Very nice video. Thanks for posting. How many miles of trail are at Oleta?
The park counts the surrounding roads, I don't mileage vary depending on the routing that the trails are given by the crew (mostly in Gilligan) I get 10.8 miles without Gilligan or warm-up loop with Gilligan this weekend I got 13.5 miles add almost 2 miles with the warm-up & cooldown I do around the parking area.

For a visual representation (not for the mileage as the GPS tracking I use can't follow all the curves & switchback) see:

·
Registered
103 Posts
dada said:
The park counts the surrounding roads, I don't mileage vary depending on the routing that the trails are given by the crew (mostly in Gilligan) I get 10.8 miles without Gilligan or warm-up loop with Gilligan this weekend I got 13.5 miles add almost 2 miles with the warm-up & cooldown I do around the parking area.

For a visual representation (not for the mileage as the GPS tracking I use can't follow all the curves & switchback) see:
Craig,

Really nice GPS Track! What system do you use?
Regarding the trails, The park officially lists 14 miles of MTB trails but ORAA has just added a couple of new trails so I am not sure what the total mileage is now.
The link below is for a high res trail map of Oleta which you might be able to use with your tracking software..
Oleta Trail Map

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.