Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Long Live Long Rides
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting to try a 29er and have found a pretty good deal on a used Ventana (2005) with a Manitou minute fork. I've been biking a long time but haven't followed the development of 29ers. If I remember correctly there were some developments involving rake, steepness, or something like that. Would a frame/fork from 2005 be a good staring place for me to experiment with big wheels?

Thanks

·
transmitter~receiver
9,314 Posts
More experimentation and change seems to have happened in the more-than-XC department, including FS bikes. Granted, more-than-XC 29ers are a more recent advent than the 29er platform, so there was necessarily a bit of figuring out to do.
Also, boutique and smaller companies have been jumping into the market in droves, and going through their own learning curves.
Realtively quick/nimble bikes for XC riding from established companies haven't changed much if at all since production 29ers hit the market almost 10 years ago.

·
Banned
19,198 Posts
Go for it , especially if it is priced right .

·
Long Live Long Rides
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Clarification

I should have said that I'm looking at a 4" travel suspension frame - sorry I wasn't more clear. I am getting too old for a hardtail. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts