Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently aquired an old Turner Burner frame. Reputed to be from @ 1998. It looks not unlike my 2005 6 Pak. It is disc only(thought this a bit odd for such an old frame),has big plates on the headtube, 6" travel, ridiculous cable/hose routing and no front mech capability.

Sound familiar?

I'll post the plan in a few minutes

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I want to do a proper job in bringing it up to date so here's the plan.

1 -Remove all cable stops and hose guides as they are crap
2 -Retro fit all new set of cable/hose guides(ideally the same as those fitted to my 6-Pak)
3- repaint main frame and maybe rear triangle although I'd prefer to keep the polished look.
4- replace pivot points as required(I've yet to inspect them but the end caps have seen better days)
5 - new stickers and probably headtube badge(assuming it doesn't come off in one bit)

·
Kiwis can fly - briefly!
97 Posts
Maybe an Afterburner

dipper said:
I've recently aquired an old Turner Burner frame...
Sounds like an Afterburner. The Classics sticky or a search for 'Afterburner' will get you to some pics of the frame.

Have fun.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers Ndo. Thats the very one.

I should really have written all this in a word doc before posting as i keep getting dragged off the PC to work!

I'll have a search through all that at my leisure but in the meantime heres what I need help with.

1- can I buy the new cable stops or will I have to get aftermarket ones?
2 - are the pivots the same as current RFX/6 Pak. if not are they still available?
3 - Is it worth the hassle for such an old frame? Do they even ride well in the first place? (I have a Pushed Van RC with Ti spring for it)

thats about it I think. If anyone has any other ideas/technical help fire away.

Anyway,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.