Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

81 - 100 of 1149 Posts

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
I fear we will soon have to start an 'Older & Slower' thread...:eek:
Legs must have read this comment. After Irregular the legs were toast tonight. I did not even have enough strength to finish with the guys or push Skinny Tire off the trail as he passed. :mad:

Still a good ride overall. Even with the Kavu sighting. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
Legs must have read this comment. After Irregular the legs were toast tonight. I did not even have enough strength to finish with the guys or push Skinny Tire off the trail as he passed. :mad:

Still a good ride overall. Even with the Kavu sighting. :thumbsup:
FYI, the guy who was leading us up T100 ended up breaking his arm about 10 minutes after we saw you.

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Both those left handers can grab you. Mark broke his wrist on the second one before the steps or was it the first one? Marky???

·
RHRF!
1,279 Posts
VOAZ heading up. At the last left turn before you get to the first saddle. I didn't see it, but more of a tip over on to a very unfortunate location.
Dang... I usually don't have any issues going up that section but I always dab coming down!

·
PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
4,316 Posts
It was the second left hander going up right before the 3 step climb. And it was my hand.
Stumpygoat!! Good ride last night. I enjoyed the alternate return path.

·
PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
4,316 Posts
Yeah that was a good ride, you guys blasted up those switches I didn't even see you guys in site when I got to the climb.
Kavurider channels my inner roadie.

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
You all need to remember. Those kids still have their baby fat. Give them 15 years and they will be slow like the rest of us.

·
PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
4,316 Posts
What is truly demoralizing is that he was on a 40+ lb 1x10 geared DH bike. Maybe time to start needlepoint or something, but I'd suck at that too.
I think he was born around the time of the Chernobyl fallout which would explain a lot.

·
Bloodied but Unbowed
1,498 Posts
I was using maybe 75% lung capacity too which I suppose may not have helped. Probably should have not been on the bike but ahd already missed weekend rides for similar reasons and wasn't willing to let another ride go by. My measily <5 miles felt like a lot more.

·
Bloodied but Unbowed
1,498 Posts
VOAZ heading up. At the last left turn before you get to the first saddle. I didn't see it, but more of a tip over on to a very unfortuate location.
Dang. Hope he heals up quickly. Falling at that spot looks like it'd be tricky business.

81 - 100 of 1149 Posts