Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
climb
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally split the sidewall of my worn out ignitor. I placed an order, but in the mean time I needed to get in a ride. I reached into the back of my garage, and pulled out an old, but not very used wire-bead ExiWolf. I haven't used this tire in 4 years. I put it on and hit the trail.

I really missed the roundiness, and bounciness of the old exi-wolf. It worked great on the hardpack trails I was riding, and it was bomber over the baby heads. I just wish the tire had some bigger side knobs for the loamy-rocky corners at higher speed. Oh, well, I'll ride this until mid-summer when things get loose and nasty.

Attachments

·
Mtn Biker Machinist
1,298 Posts
No doubt

I must hang out in the VRC forum way too much! Old school is like the original Snakebelly tire!

Now in the 29er world, old school is the Nano, cuz before that the tires
were all technically 28ers;)

I actually just put the exact same tire on the rear of my new build with a Stout race on front. Funny thing is both tires are 2.3 but the Stout measures 2.24 on the Sun CR18 rim, and the Exi measures 2.17 on the Mavic A719 rim. Mine is also fully rigid.

I will be interested to see how it performs. I was tempted to run the Exi backwards, but I will try it normal 1st before I start messing with it!

I just wish it would stop snowing/raining here in Utah so I could actually ride the dang bike to know how the tires do!

frog

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
How can a tire that is still in production be "old skool"?
I was kind of hoping to see someone running an Onza Porcupine tire (round knobs!).
Okay, they were before 29ers, but still.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts