Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I rode my old Azonic Gravity with a Shiver today......and I have to say...I still like the Shiver over the 888......it is way more plush.......just feels more solid and safe

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pdirt said:
Give it a rest Boob. There's just no way... it's all in your head.
nah I will let you ride it ...then you can tell me......just remember i always kept fresh oil in it

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
pdirt said:
Give it a rest Boob. There's just no way... it's all in your head.
o ya whay there, i think he falls asleep to a song like this "shiver good, shiver really good, shiver is the best, shiver sex is the best, shiver good" u know u want to bob :thumbsup:

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
paintballeerXC said:
i think he falls asleep to a song like this "shiver good, shiver really good, shiver is the best, shiver sex is the best, shiver good" u know u want to bob :thumbsup:
hell yeah.....that song is by the Shiverettes

·
Just another FOC'er
2,222 Posts
The Shiver would have been a lot nicer if it had adjustable low speed compression damping. It was really great flying over rough stuff, but there was no way to dial out dive like I can on my 888rc2x. Add to that the weight and lack of stiffness and it had to go.

I always liked the looks though. ;)

·
Equal opportunity meanie
2,781 Posts
You can run them softer/plusher because it has a high speed compression damper in both legs, and it also has something like a gallon of fork oil moving through the dampers. Solid and safe though? Hell no, I would have to reseat the legs in the crowns after every good Tunnel run.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Because it's lage volume of oil and bigger size damper pistons its so plush...that lack of stiffness is what gives you plusher feelling on rockgardens and landings, but you don't have the lateral rigidity for cornering like the 888. I stilll think the 02 and 03 shivers are the most awsome looking forks. They make any bike look badass

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
mace2 said:
maybe you just don't have the 888 set up optimally?
it's got the Works package and a little more from Marzocchi...it's plush but nothing like the Shiver

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.