Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
~~~
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm still diggin the XCE after almost a full season on the bike. This bike is just perfect for the majority of the riding here in NorCal. It was finally time for some fork maintenance, and being a light weight rider, it totally made sense to send it off to PUSH. I went for the works. Fox F100RLT performance tuned, converted to RLC, plus the HV air piston kit. Vanilla RC re-tuned for my weight. And what the hell, the bushing kit was on sale, too, so I threw that in as well. It was just a one week turn around, and I was out on the trails again. Now I finally know what suspension SHOULD feel like! I didn't realize how much I was compensating for a poorly performing fork before. Now I'm getting full travel without any of that diving sensation up front. Also, in addition to smoothing out the bumps better, the bike is actually easier to jump now, because the suspension pre-loads much more consistently when approaching the launching point.

The bushings were a breeze to install. They're definitely lower friction than the stock bushings, but you'd probably have to be a super sensitive rider to feel any performance boost. But for 32 bucks, and no shipping, it's worth it in my book. Also, I'm not sure if the pivots were ever serviced beyond the usual lubing, but they were amazingly clean. Only the BB pivot was a bit dirty on the inside.

Yeah, still a little high from today's ride. :D Stoked with the old school Turner. Stoked with PUSH. Stoked with the awesome trail conditions. It's December!

Attachments

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
I've been thinking about the bushing kit for my RFX. Would have been a good x-mas gift!:madman:

Glad you got that suspension dialed. Welcome to the world of custom valving:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
tburger said:
I'm not sure if the pivots were ever serviced beyond the usual lubing
Nope, but it wasn't ridden much either. Glad to see it's making up for lost time. :D

The fork mods sound really nice; may have to pony up for the Push treatment one of these days.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I'm hearing really good things about push and tuning the DHX-C. To be honest, I'm relatively happy with my stocker. I'm 170lbs geared up and running a 550# steel spring on a rfx with stock rockers (5.5's are on the way/in the mail). I like the stiffer ride but it seems bottomless on the ruff/gnar stuff. What am I missing, i.e. what would PUSH do to the rear shock that makes them ride so much better?

·
~~~
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mr Tiles said:
What am I missing, i.e. what would PUSH do to the rear shock that makes them ride so much better?
May not be worth it for you. I think you're in the target weight range for "stock" shock set-ups. And it sounds like stock is performing fine for you and your riding conditions.

So I guess what you're missing is a cool PUSH sticker on your shock. :)

·
Registered
422 Posts
tburger said:
May not be worth it for you. I think you're in the target weight range for "stock" shock set-ups. And it sounds like stock is performing fine for you and your riding conditions.

So I guess what you're missing is a cool PUSH sticker on your shock. :)
Very helpful response. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
You may be the size/weight in the middle of the range that shock makers design for, however there is NO substitute for a custom valved shock. Ignoring the weight range, Push guts the internals and replaces them with far superior product. Many on here weigh what you weigh and have Push work on all of their shocks.

·
... I guess you won't be
1,974 Posts
scruffylooking said:
Old school rules. Thanks for sharing your stoke. The pre DW turners are a steal right now on the used market.

I'm building an 06 Spot right now and have a RP23 over at PUSH right now. Can't wait to get her built up!
Pretty much have the same Spot, and have a Pushed RP3, with an optional DHa air can. All I can say is that you're really going to be suprised the first time you get the bike on the trail - it's a major improvement in feel/action.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.