Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK, show me your cruisers, townies, bar bikes, choppers & rides that make you go Hmmm. I love them. It was a bad day today in Jersey, 'till I stopped thinking about work around 1 PM & started tinkering on an old project ride that never made it past a can of Krylon Duplicolor (spraypaint). Low & behold, I rode to the sweet monster to my local watering hole for happy hour by five o'clock. There just something about building a bike, especially one with character, that makes me feel alright even on a sh-tty Monday in the rain. Here she is, date & manufacturer unkown, but I'd guestimate Cleveland Welding Co. circa 1940 on the frame, flat-blade fork, headset & stem. Everything else came from miscellaneous parts bins, my tire/wheel rack & even a junker that got scrapped at the shore a few weeks back. Sun 36 hole rims, Shimano 1x1 hubs, Dyno Super Slick 26x2.25 rubber, old apehangers, AME' BMX grips I got 20 years ago for a 13th birthday gift (amazing how many bikes they've seen), Redline small block 180s, an Odesey 1pc BB, GT 46 ring, Wellgo 1/2" platforms, no name chain & post and old Rampar springer sddle. Anyway, just therapy for long time cruiser fan you know. Thanks for posting any photos of your cruiser.

https://gallery.mtbr.com/data/mtbr/502/242726119-1939_IMG.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
kewl bike

nice way to pass the afternoon... and good to see you made it home safely after happy hour

serge
Scott_in_Jersey said:
OK, show me your cruisers, townies, bar bikes, choppers & rides that make you go Hmmm. I love them. It was a bad day today in Jersey, 'till I stopped thinking about work around 1 PM & started tinkering on an old project ride that never made it past a can of Krylon Duplicolor (spraypaint). Low & behold, I rode to the sweet monster to my local watering hole for happy hour by five o'clock. There just something about building a bike, especially one with character, that makes me feel alright even on a sh-tty Monday in the rain. Here she is, date & manufacturer unkown, but I'd guestimate Cleveland Welding Co. circa 1940 on the frame, flat-blade fork, headset & stem. Everything else came from miscellaneous parts bins, my tire/wheel rack & even a junker that got scrapped at the shore a few weeks back. Sun 36 hole rims, Shimano 1x1 hubs, Dyno Super Slick 26x2.25 rubber, old apehangers, AME' BMX grips I got 20 years ago for a 13th birthday gift (amazing how many bikes they've seen), Redline small block 180s, an Odesey 1pc BB, GT 46 ring, Wellgo 1/2" platforms, no name chain & post and old Rampar springer sddle. Anyway, just therapy for long time cruiser fan you know. Thanks for posting any photos of your cruiser.

https://gallery.mtbr.com/data/mtbr/502/242726119-1939_IMG.JPG
:rolleyes:

·
Ride what you want!!
2,202 Posts
Scott_in_Jersey said:
OK, show me your cruisers, townies, bar bikes, choppers & rides that make you go Hmmm.
I just posted this on the SS forum. My new commuter.

george

·
Code Monkey
652 Posts
My Killroy

My commute bike... gotta love the SS cruisers. Also great for riding the Santa Cruz boardwalk ... or any beach town for that matter.

·
sh*t eater
217 Posts
Scott_in_Jersey said:
OK, show me your cruisers, townies, bar bikes, choppers & rides that make you go Hmmm. I love them.

This is the last cruiser I worked on. It's a late '90's Dyno Cruiser that was abanonded and in rough shape, stripped it, painted it, cleaned the chrome up and overhauled the whole thing. Built up new wheels using disc rims and a Shimano Nexus 7 spd coaster brake hub gives it a little more versatility and a cool look.

This is my latest find. It is a '49 Schwinn Deluxe Hornet. This is how it looked when I got it. Right now I've got it in the garage as I've been working on stripping the paint (someone repainted it at one point). I'm thinking of either a Dark British Green or a Dark Maroon Red with gold flake. This one should look pretty nice when it's all done. Hopefully I can find a Brooks touring saddle to top it off.

·
Banned
824 Posts
Western Flyer frame?

Is that a Western Flyer frame?

This is my late 50's/early 60's Rollfast middleweight:

·
The Uber Carnivore
360 Posts
Coaster brake Nirvana!

Here's what I got two weekends ago...Electra Flying Sue. Mine is a single-speed (the pic is a three-speed).

Commute everyday on it; three miles one-way.

Great so far, except a crackhead assembled the rear hub. Bearings were so tight it took two hands to turn the wheel on the workstand.

The Buddha resides in simple funk.

Attachments

·
Banned
824 Posts
Ed "Big Daddy" Roth

I saw him at Ascot once in the late 60's. A SoCal legend and a great tribute bike. How does it ride? I have been thinking of ordering one.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
All VERY Cool rides...Thanks.

This is the other cruiser I worked on this week...my buddy needed a bike for his annual NYC triathalon in Central Park this Sunday. I think this converted Diamond Back Voyager II will get the job done for him. Cheers - Scott

www.geocities.com/remedy814 (my old cruiser site)

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts