Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Recovering Weight Weenie
8,821 Posts
All I remember was...there was the Karate Monkey or....yeah..that's it. So I used the fork since there was only 1 fork I knew of, the White Brothers which I tried a few months later.

This was 2002 or 03 I think when I went 29. Check out the sweet Nano and Motoraptor...the only tires around or available.

Attachments

·
bike geek
1,051 Posts
My first 29er from November 2004. Since then I've bought and sold no fewer than 7 other frames, while this one has been a keeper.

Attachments

·
Schipperkes are cool.
4,164 Posts
April 2002, my 3rd 29" wheele'd bicycle.

Summer 2000 got a Purple Rock Lobster with WTB Dirt Drops, massaged by Wes to fit the IRC Notos, then a first year Fisher Supercal 29.

·
Registered
16,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
banks said:

Summer 2000 got a Purple Rock Lobster with WTB Dirt Drops, massaged by Wes to fit the IRC Notos, then a first year Fisher Supercal 29.
Is that you??? For some reason I had a mental image of you being a 50 year-old fat guy with a beard and an old bike t-shirt! Not sure why!

·
RYD W/ FLO
335 Posts
New Years 2004. Fruita, CO - Just finished building my first gen Army Green Monkey. Still my primary bike to this day, but thats cause I'm a broke college kid with too many toys :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
2,980 Posts
Monkey in the canyon! Monkey in the canyon.

(So I've only been on a 29er for 9 months...)

·
When did you get here?!?!
1,691 Posts
Jan 1 2005

I had my 29er for a month or two at this point. I'd definitely call this old school. I mean look, I'm running rigid and god-forbid, Teamdicky is 26er AND 5". If I remember correctly I had my first real wreck on a 29er on the very next downhill. Also of note: January. Mountains. shorts and short sleeves. North Carolina Rocks!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts