Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

I own s-works epic 2007. It's great, maybe the best, when brain is working :)
But now the shock doesn't work, no "threshold" while ride, only high level of compression in fully firm position.

There's no chance to repair it here, and I can't find old shocks on ebay. Is it possible to buy the shock anywhere? (Here...? :) ) I need an 100-mm Fox shock, I think from 2006-2007 Epic.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
17 Posts
Keep an eye on eBay.

I just bought another shock for my '05 since my shocks brain went stupid. I sent the eBayed shock (it was brainless as well, but I knew that) into Fox and had it back in 9 days with an upgrade to BrainFade.

I'll send my original in soon and I'll have a spare ready to go whenever I need it. Good for resale as well I suppose.

It was a good deal for me I think. Total price all said and done for a better (Older brain converted to Brainfade) extra shock was about $300 or so including the service from Fox, and no downtime form riding which was pretty important due to some events coming up and I needed to keep riding.

·
Former Bike Wrench
15,976 Posts
aphlux said:
hi all,

I own s-works epic 2007. It's great, maybe the best, when brain is working :)
But now the shock doesn't work, no "threshold" while ride, only high level of compression in fully firm position.

There's no chance to repair it here, and I can't find old shocks on ebay. Is it possible to buy the shock anywhere? (Here...? :) ) I need an 100-mm Fox shock, I think from 2006-2007 Epic.

Thanks,
Mike
You don't need a new shock, your current shock needs to be sent in for service. Specialized offers a quick turnaround shock service, but you need to do this through your LBS.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.