Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

461 - 480 of 497 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Frame identification

11173502_856616894412299_1977420022_n.jpg IMG_20150505_154442.jpg
Hi all, I have problem, I bought nice full suspension frame to replace my hardtail. But seller don't know what is it. Nobody can tell what brand/make is this. There's no serial numbers, any stickers. It's simple single pivot, but with a lot of travel. I bought it with 200mm DNM Raimon shock, but it's a bit small and there fits 241mm shock. There are two more holes under actual position shock mount, it change geometry a bit. Frame has needle roller bearings. Seatpost size is 31.8mm, and 1,1/8" steerer tube. I bought it without dearilleur hanger, it's unusual because it must be mounted on inner side of frame. But i found very simillar on the internet, on that site they say it fits various Votec frames (here is link: http://pilo.co.il/d422-derailleur-hanger-for-votec#.VUvSbI7tmko ). In my opinion paint is original, or very good panted because it's under steer's, bearings etc. Simillar to RB Bandit, DunCon Transalp, Cannondale Super V DH, Sekim but more heavy, solid, massive and with bigger travel.
I think it's all. There are all photos of bike/frame in full resolution : https://drive.google.com/folderview...JVRnR6MDJsR2hCTktFbVZsSGZoM3psc1E&usp=sharing

Thanks in advance, I'm hope somebody know something about it :)
Sorry for bad english...

·
Registered
280 Posts
Mongoose AMP research (early 90's).... I cracked the frame and forks so many times, but AMP warranty was great. Mammoth was my first ever DH race... took 2nd in the jr. men... not bad for FL kid only riding quarry pits in FL.

002.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm still riding my 2001 Kona Stinky Five. I still use it for DH and FR as well as general around town riding. I even ride to and from work (just over 2 mi) like 4 days a week. As you can see I replaced the OE Fox Vanilla R coilover with a Manitou Swinger Air 4 way which is super plush and has never bottomed out. Great pedal platform. I replaced the OE Z1 fork with a '03 Marzocchi Z1 FR with the venerated HSCV cartridge and full oil bath. I keep thinking about getting a newer bike (this weighs about 50lbs) to save weight etc and then I go out on my Stinky and come back with a huge grin on my face. This bike is just so much fun. uploadfromtaptalk1439211880524.jpg

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

·
rubber side down
514 Posts
Nice Stinky! Always like them, never had one

ive got a spooky project x im in the process of fixing the front wheel on
This bike always blew me away...back in 1997/98 I was racing DH at Ski Plattekill in upstate NY. The Spooky dudes were always at the race and we'd raise hell at night...place had camping in the parking lot....They were still kind of protoryping that rig at the time...one dudes name was Jack and the other guy's name was Chris...I was hoping to starting riding "for" them the following season, but I ended up moving to Colorado..I was racing my GT LTS DH...see below, still got it..good times

Attachments

·
rubber side down
514 Posts
Nice Stinky! Always like them, never had one

ive got a spooky project x im in the process of fixing the front wheel on
This bike always blew me away...back in 1997/98 I was racing DH at Ski Plattekill in upstate NY. The Spooky dudes were always at the race and we'd raise hell at night...place had camping in the parking lot....They were still kind of protoryping that rig at the time...one dudes name was Jack and the other guy's name was Chris...I was hoping to starting riding "for" them the following season, but I ended up moving to Colorado..I was racing my GT LTS DH...see below, still got it..good times

Attachments

·
Registered
540 Posts
Coming out of the wood works here.

My Coiler will be turning 10y/o in a few months.
Still my regular ride and all stock except for brakes and routine maintenance (fork services, tires, occasional derailleur adjustment).

Bike is a tank.

IMG_0090 by https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/, on Flickr

·
flailer
161 Posts
First time poster long time lurker. Adding my Kona to the mix :)

yes i spent a ton of money on updating it but I really love this bike.

·
May The Force Be With You
2,418 Posts
I love that bikes from yesterday were mostly all still built from 7005 series aluminum, 7-9" of travel and hydraulic brakes and for the most part can be built with today's components. just like today's dh rigs! Although today's bikes are slightly lighter

·
Crazed Country Rebel
6,325 Posts
Foes, cannondale, intense, turner, mountain cycle , gt, all 6000 series

·
Brackish
1,855 Posts
Great thread, I rebuilt a 2006 Kona Coiler Deluxe last winter and rode Highland with it this summer: it killed it, I can't believe that back when I had this bike and lived out west I didn't ride it on the Shore...it's easily as capable at the Dirtbag I had and 10 pounds lighter.

461 - 480 of 497 Posts