Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to go retro during this morning's ride. C&B, you're going to dig this bike. Since, I've been riding the Yeti, I had to get used to the old XC/Roadie position. I forgot how well that position feels for climbing... Going downhill on the other hand was freaky!

Attachments

·
Hoops - Big and Small
1,083 Posts
My Back Hurts!

flipnidaho said:
I decided to go retro during this morning's ride. C&B, you're going to dig this bike. Since, I've been riding the Yeti, I had to get used to the old XC/Roadie position. I forgot how well that position feels for climbing... Going downhill on the other hand was freaky!
XC/Roadie position? Man I'am starting to feel old. I guess it's "what does'nt kill you will make you stronger"

I do know that riding the ice patches is much safer with a flat back and a well balanced position over the TT.

My Sling should be here by the end of the week. The TT on the bike I ordered is right in between my Maverick and my Zurich, not sure if that's a good thing.

Thanks for the pic, I tend not to get to over excited about a new bike but seeing your bike I'am jonesin for my new ride.

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bring it over when you get it...

I totally want to check it out. You will be amazed at how well a Slinger climbs when you're climbing aggressively off the saddle. Imagine a FS with bob and how it feels like the "bob" is wasting energy... On a Slinger, the "bob" actually feels like it's giving you an extra push at the dead part of your stroke (when the spring rebounds)... Very odd but good feeling (like tiny gusts of tailwind is the best analogy I can come up with).

·
Hoops - Big and Small
1,083 Posts
Spring Rates

flipnidaho said:
On a Slinger, the "bob" actually feels like it's giving you an extra push at the dead part of your stroke (when the spring rebounds)... Very odd but good feeling (like tiny gusts of tailwind is the best analogy I can come up with).
I've been working with Scott at Slingshot and he says they have different spring choices. I asked for two different springs, we'll see what comes in. After talking with him he sounds like he wants my Sling experience to be great, he's really pushing the customer service end. I'll bring by my frame when it comes in.

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes...

When I first got it, I tried it with the rigid fork that came with it. With the SID pumped up, it's basically rigid... I'm not a big fully rigid bike fan.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts