Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My shop has an old specialized rockhopper special touring edition and all cromo. I've never found anything like it. We keep it around as the "tractor-trailer bike" because of its great ratios. Has anyone seen these or know of its value? Also, its an 15 spd switched to a 21 because we lost the rim.

·
Registered
336 Posts
The second-coming of Kyle?

:D

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=430813

hookydoo
mtbr member

New frame
my dérailleur hanger on my bike got mucked up and i welded a piece in to replace the stripped hole. It put my derailleur about 1/4 inch off and I can't get full range without skipping. should I replace my frame and if so, where can i find a deal 1 because I have around $200.If not, how can I fix this range problem.

I'm riding a 99 fisher hkek with upgrades and if i need a new frame, i want something as good or better.

·
Registered
611 Posts
That's actually pretty cool.

>>Also, its an 15 spd switched to a 21 because we lost the rim.

I take it that you lost the original wheel that had 5-speed freewheel, and now have a 7 speed cogset on that bike.

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
bushpig said:
I like those navy Rockhoppers. Not worth big bucks but fun to ride.
Ive noticed that too. The '86 RockHoppers have got a nice feel to them.

besides "bottom bracket hanger" whats so bad about what he said? Like mentioned above, they lost the rear wheel wtih the 5 speed freewheel and replaced it with a 7 speed rear wheel.

Now that other thread that sidewinder posted is where it gets interesting. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.