Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finally getting off my butt and riding again. Bought a Cannondale F300 in 1999 with SRAM shifters on the bar ends. I like them, I think, but I'm having a hell of a time getting comfortable. I've thought about bar ends, but can I do this with the SRAM shifters? How would that work, if at all. The bike is in good shape, and I'm working on the same. Thanks.

·
Registered
694 Posts
so, why are you posting in the AM section?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Mike, I don't think I ve seen many AM bikes sporting the bar ends, I think that might be more of a XC thing. If you are having trouble getting comfortable I would suggest you check with your local bike shops and see if you can have someone do a professional bike fitting for you. Maybe a new stem and seat post are in order???

I'm finally getting off my butt and riding again. Bought a Cannondale F300 in 1999 with SRAM shifters on the bar ends. I like them, I think, but I'm having a hell of a time getting comfortable. I've thought about bar ends, but can I do this with the SRAM shifters? How would that work, if at all. The bike is in good shape, and I'm working on the same. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I've never heard of or seen shifters "on the bar ends" except for on road bikes with drop handlebars. Can you post a picture of what you are talking about? Also, keep in mind that bar ends have fallen out of favor in recent years. They are still useful for an extra position when climbing but really don't do much for overall comfort. You might want to try riding for a few months and see if you get used to your current riding position. After that, try changing bars and or stem if needed.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Keith13, thanks. Jkad , sorry to bother you. Must be nice to be perfect.
Dont worry about it..... I had some crap from a guy in an "extreme hard tail" thread... Just because I run 3 rings up front.... Yet my bike was more suited to that thread in almost every other way compared to over 50% of the bikes posted up there.... lol .....

I would go and ask the same question in the beginners section too though..They can be really helpful there...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts