Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wife cleaned out the attic today and found a box of mtb bike action mags dating back to 1994.

I didn't revisit any of them yet...nor do I really plan to. I'm thinking they're going in the recycle bin next week.

Just wondering if anyone collects this stuff?

·
Glad to Be Alive
42,998 Posts
freeriderB said:
wife cleaned out the attic today and found a box of mtb bike action mags dating back to 1994.

I didn't revisit any of them yet...nor do I really plan to. I'm thinking they're going in the recycle bin next week.

Just wondering if anyone collects this stuff?
I
would be interested

·
If you think you can
1,043 Posts
I think they would be cool to have one or two just to compare how far the sport has evolved since then. I had some from late 90's, but somehow lost all of them and wish I still had just a few.

·
Glad to Be Alive
42,998 Posts
actually that is a pa
rt of history...I would contact MBA and see if they would give you a free subscribtion for them....they belong in a museum of some sort for others to see how far the progress has gone

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i'll go through them tonight and maybe post some cover shots to see if anything catches the eye. If it does, I can ship them out (I'm not paying posting though! these things are heavy)!!
It is def scary to see how far the technology has come in 10-15 years.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mtb bike mags - vintage

just went through a few covers and there was not much in the DH realm back in 97 & 98. Most of the mags are obviously XC oriented and show the earliest of the dual suspension technologies.
Here's a C-dale cover showing their Fulcrum DH. I remember seeing one in person back in the day and i remember me and my friends jaws dropping as we were inching down a hill on our Iron Horse hardtails with top of the line Judy SL's up front!!

Attachments

·
Its got what plants crave
5,933 Posts
Cannondale was a huge name in downhill for a long time. In my opinion some of their designs were definitely ahead of their time. These days not so much.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Ive got the first copy ever-1986 if i remember right. BMX vs mtb- the BMX loses! Also, how to convert your road bike into a mtb- it starts with throwing your 10 speed in the dumpster behind the shop. Funny stuff!

·
ready to ride
446 Posts
yeah the good old days i found an old BIKE mag from 1997 boasting The Dark Issue

those were the days of thhe gt lts and agresive tires looked like the kind you would get on a kmart bike

good times

1 - 16 of 16 Posts