Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just reminiscing a bit from when I was a teen in the 80's and used to order stuff out of a newspaper type catalog. Can anyone remember the names of some of those places? Bonus points if someone can dig up some old covers.

·
Sneaker man
3,656 Posts
BikePro, CambriaBikeOutfitters (still going), SuperGo. There the ones I can remember that much that I used to drool over and make up fantasy bikes while working night shifts.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Bike Nashbar, Performance, and Colorado Cyclist are the other three big names not yet mentioned.

If I threw all the worthless junk mail bike catalogs I got in the mail over the years into a big pile, I would have my own mountain to ride down.

·
Up In Smoke
Dirt Roadë
3,281 Posts
PricePoint, they might have been a part of some other company, they always shipped fast and took good care of me. I don't have any old catalogues, the pages all got turned too many times.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
I used to order parts (to New Zealand!) from SuperGo and Irvine Bike Source back in the 90s by looking at those big catalogue-like ads in MBA magazine and sending faxes from the fax machine at the highschool I attended and dad taught at. Dang kids these days don't know how good they got it with Chain Reactions website and paypal...
:lol:

·
turtles make me hot
11,663 Posts
Dang kids these days don't know how good they got it with Chain Reactions website and paypal...
:lol:
Yep. Back in the 90's I worked in my family's business and I used to set up my orders at night and leave them for my secretary to fax out the next morning.
Now, I buy 80% of my parts online. Fun and easy.

·
Combat Wombat
1,848 Posts
I bought my first brand new bike at Supergo for a 4th of July tax free sale in 2002.
Also bought my first mountain bike at Supergo, an Access Pro with Deore DX. The receipt is sitting in a cup on a nick nack shelf in the other room. 6/18/90 $584. They shipped it to Sicily when I stationed there in the Navy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.