Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I've got a Cannondale F900SX with what I understand is an older Lefty fork (2001 or 2002 I think).

As best as I can tell the fork no longer holds air. If I pump it up to a comfortable level (pretty high - I weight 200lbs) it gets very spongy after a few days and will compress significantly when I put weight on it. When I attach the pump it shows 30-50psi in the fork - far less than I had pumped it up to.

I've done a search about rebuilding Lefties but it seems that most of the post and how-tos are for new style forks, not my older one. I'd like to do it myself.

Any help is much appreciated!

-RW

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,486 Posts
Older Lefties were more tool intensive than the new ones. You need new air piston seals, and most likely a full go through wouldn't hurt. If you want to spend $100+ in tools, many that will only work with that fork, go for it, but I'd suggest finding a competent shop, and let them handle it. Not saying you can't do it, but time, money and hassle factors suggest an alternate course :cool:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.