Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new frame that I am building up. I was going to use the old Hayes mags (160 rotors) I have (I think G1 caliper) but I always had some rub and fading issues w/ them on the last frame. I know that they at least need bleeding, pads and one line shortened with the good possibility of a larger rotor for the front and a new one for the back. With all this I maybe at the same cost of new set of 2007 185 bb7s. (excluding levers and cable). What should I do?

·
Registered
507 Posts
I love the Mags. I've had a set of G1's for about 4 years now and have had ZERO problems with them. Maybe you can try some new sintered pads. The Mags are much better brakes (hydro vs. mechanical) than the BB7's in my opinion. I've recently bought a couple of G2 Mag sets on ebay but have yet to swap them out on my Cannondale Rush.

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
I second vitaccop... if you are happy, in general, with the brakes, give them some TLC and you will probably be happy...... the mags have a great reputation...

Getting a bigger rotor for the front brake will improve power a lot! :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.