Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey check out my new SS, all. :)

decided to get a 29er to let the old converted sled retire gracefully. we got snow on the trails arounf here, but so far i am loving life on this thing - very very happy with the strong experience, and recommend him highly. ummmmmmm, dunno what else to say - it is lighter than i thought - that Ti fork flexes quite a bit LESS than the old 1" unicrown ibis it replaces. 29er wheels thus far seem to be a natural match to the whole SS-momentum thing - very sweet riding. the bike was built to have a sorta old-schoolish small diameter ride, and look about it which i think came out pretty good.

anyway, i always enjoy checking a cool new bike out, so here ya go !! look for the old fat bald guy with the happy look on his face next season in wisconsin and be sure to say "yo". see ya on the trails !!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
yes yes

nice looking rig in deed....btw what gear is that? looks like a dinner plate in the rear....doing some major climbing?

Thanks for the eye candy.

ken

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it is a 39x21 on a 29 in wheel, ken. so, about the same as a 2:1 on a 26er - just a little taller. the gearing thing is weird on 29ers, all the moreso with a 130 mm BCD road crank ! seems to work alright, tho. :) thanx.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
yeah

I too ride a SS 29er, but my front is a 32, so the back is smaller too. Just looked like a very light gear from the pic....given a 39 on front, you and I are running similar gears.

Thans for the info. I am sure you will enjoy the SS and the 29er riding.

Ken

1 - 6 of 6 Posts