Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
The Top Cap Guy
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok - being off the bike recovering from my hernia surgery has been expensive! Bought some new parts - M960 XTR Cranks and Jerich ring/bashguard, XTR/XT Disc Brakes, and swapped over my XM819 XTR wheels over.... Still waiting on my 2 cogs from Boone (19 and 21).

Whatcha think?

FF

Attachments

G

·
I especially like the "ting" of light from the cranks!

From the movie "The Stoned Age":

TING! SCHNAPSTER! :D :D :D

·
The Top Cap Guy
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
chidDONG said:
Droooooool! :mad:
Thank you!

indigosky said:

That's a Classic...

Greenfix said:
Two thoughts:

If this is what you get when you have a hernia, I have got to get me one.

If this is what you get when you have a hernia, you must have better health insurance than me.

Nice bike.
SpinWheelz said:
I agree.

Where do I sign up for a hernia?
I didn't get this due to the hernia... boredom off the bike got the new cranks and brakes (the bike is the same except I swapped my King wheels for the XTR so that this was all XTR). I still can't ride for almost another 2 weeks... 6 weeks off the bike mandetory - so I started tinkering because I can't ride.

I have good health insurance - $15 did the entire surgery. But most importantly I have an understanding wife... she understands and supports my biking addicition...

Thanks!
FF

·
orthonormal
5,261 Posts
Fast Freddy said:
Ok - being off the bike recovering from my hernia surgery has been expensive! Bought some new parts - M960 XTR Cranks and Jerich ring/bashguard, XTR/XT Disc Brakes, and swapped over my XM819 XTR wheels over.... Still waiting on my 2 cogs from Boone (19 and 21).

Whatcha think?

FF
How long were you off the bike? I had surgery for a left inguinal hernia just before xmas, and hit the trails about 3 weeks later.

·
The Top Cap Guy
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
TrailGuru - had the frame/fork since July2003. Gene was awesome to deal with and I basically picked evey dimension for the bike. The only thing I screwed up on was the rear tire clearance on the chain stays - I can only run a 2.1 tire. No biggy... but it bummed me a little when I found out. But overall - one of the best bikes I've ever had. KAM used to have a Spicer Ti EBB frame also - I think he got like $600 or so out of his used on Ebay. The only reason I'd sell it is to get a big boutique frame - someday when money is just falling out of my pockets... (like a Seven, Moots, IF, or even a Ti Vulture).

24601 - I have he Aspide - liked it on the road bike and this one just says Singlespeed attitude... used to run a Fizik Cow Sddle before. :cool:

andy f - Dr's told me 6 weeks with no running or biking. I'm appearantly prone to these things - had a double repair 7 years ago also (no bikes for that one though...lol). I've ridden around the neighborhood but nothing serious...

Thanks Everyone!
FF

·
Registered
16 Posts
Fast Freddy said:
TrailGuru - had the frame/fork since July2003. Gene was awesome to deal with and I basically picked evey dimension for the bike. The only thing I screwed up on was the rear tire clearance on the chain stays - I can only run a 2.1 tire. No biggy... but it bummed me a little when I found out. But overall - one of the best bikes I've ever had. KAM used to have a Spicer Ti EBB frame also - I think he got like $600 or so out of his used on Ebay. The only reason I'd sell it is to get a big boutique frame - someday when money is just falling out of my pockets... (like a Seven, Moots, IF, or even a Ti Vulture).
Ah, good to know. Its always good to bring more independent designers into the consideration fold. I'll keep them on my radar.
:)

·
Registered
459 Posts
indigosky said:

Wouldn't that be BLING of light, as in blinglespeed. Nice bike FF. :rolleyes:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.