Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few bottles that are pretty dried out but if anyone knows how to thin them out, they might be useful. Pay for shipping and a sixer and they're yours.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
It'd be kinda cool if someone compiled a "recipe" list of vintage paints. I know you can find it for some cars where it tells you how much parts of certain colors to mix to create factory colors and you can have paint shops mix you up a batch. i think I recall even seeing a service where they'll make you the small touch up bottles.

·
EAT MORE GRIME
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
8,325 Posts
use a scanner up against any bike frame and nail the colorway....if you don't want to paint the whole bike you'll get the exact faded match (if the scanner is calibrated) but sucks if you can't find an unfaded original color..under the BB at the chainstay junction is usually least faded

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
It'd be kinda cool if someone compiled a "recipe" list of vintage paints. I know you can find it for some cars where it tells you how much parts of certain colors to mix to create factory colors and you can have paint shops mix you up a batch. i think I recall even seeing a service where they'll make you the small touch up bottles.
use a scanner up against any bike frame and nail the colorway....if you don't want to paint the whole bike you'll get the exact faded match (if the scanner is calibrated) but sucks if you can't find an unfaded original color..under the BB at the chainstay junction is usually least faded
This is the way to do it. Maaco (and presumably other body shops) will make you a bottle for ~$20.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.