Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone live/ride here in Oklahoma? I ride with one other 26er and we have yet to see anyone else on the street and dirt that is not on a 20. If you do, where you at?

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We're down in Norman. We usually hit OU in the evenings and our crappy park in the mornings. Do you know of any good urban spots other than downtown OKC? In the next few weeks/month we will be clearing some land to build some jumps and what not on my buddies grandparents land. I'll be moving up to the Hefner area by September. I'm sure you've rode there before...I'd like to do a little work on the open section with those jumps in smoothing it out and putting better lips on the jump sat some point, I think it has a little potential.

·
Registered
75 Posts
JGill said:
We're down in Norman. We usually hit OU in the evenings and our crappy park in the mornings. Do you know of any good urban spots other than downtown OKC? In the next few weeks/month we will be clearing some land to build some jumps and what not on my buddies grandparents land. I'll be moving up to the Hefner area by September. I'm sure you've rode there before...I'd like to do a little work on the open section with those jumps in smoothing it out and putting better lips on the jump sat some point, I think it has a little potential.
haha norman park could be the gayiest park ever lol edmond parck kicks ass but edmond is prity gay there are some ok urban spots in moore (moore high is ok) and there is some in edmond not much

the spot your talking bout by hefner, u talking bout bluff creek and if so there is tuns of potiential its just a matter of doing it lol

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah at Bluff Creek. I've ridden my xc bike there for years and took my P1 there last week and saw some potential. And yes, our park is embarassing. But they are scratching it and are building a new cement park that is exactly 3 times the size, in the same place. Apparently they raised almost 3/4 of a million dollars for it and according to our local skate shop, they break ground in September (also Hoffman is on board to help build it) I've been thinking about hitting Moore High but I haven't been there in years, back in the skate days... Thunderbird has a good section that we session sometimes but it is in the middle of the trail and a pain in the ass to get to unless you are on an xc bike. We built a totter at my old bike shop and put out there which is ok. Draper straight sucks though!

·
Registered
75 Posts
JGill said:
Yeah at Bluff Creek. I've ridden my xc bike there for years and took my P1 there last week and saw some potential. And yes, our park is embarassing. But they are scratching it and are building a new cement park that is exactly 3 times the size, in the same place. Apparently they raised almost 3/4 of a million dollars for it and according to our local skate shop, they break ground in September (also Hoffman is on board to help build it) I've been thinking about hitting Moore High but I haven't been there in years, back in the skate days... Thunderbird has a good section that we session sometimes but it is in the middle of the trail and a pain in the ass to get to unless you are on an xc bike. We built a totter at my old bike shop and put out there which is ok. Draper straight sucks though!
moore high has lots of stairs and they r building a new part i dont no what is gonna be there hopefully good tho

cant wate to see the new norman park do you like the one in okc

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I haven't had a bike on it yet. I rode some cement parks 2 weeks ago when I was in Nor-Cal and it was akward on a 26er, that is the only time I've had my P1 in a cement park.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I live in Mustang. We have some DJs at the yukon BMX track and I ride the hoffman park frequently on my Transition TOP.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Not much street to be had in mustang. pretty flat and few features... I will be riding the hoffman park tomorrow around 9:00 am. come on out.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dude I would be there but I'm without wheels at the moment, so my bike is sitting in the stand all torn apart. I hope to have the new ones finished by Tuesday (waiting on spokes that Fed Ex says will be here Monday). Let me know the next time you ride and if my work schedule allows I will make it out. How is it there on Sunday mornings??

·
Registered
752 Posts
JGill said:
Dude I would be there but I'm without wheels at the moment, so my bike is sitting in the stand all torn apart. I hope to have the new ones finished by Tuesday (waiting on spokes that Fed Ex says will be here Monday). Let me know the next time you ride and if my work schedule allows I will make it out. How is it there on Sunday mornings??
It is virtually empty on weekend mornings. I would love to have some other 26ers to ride with.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I know what you mean, Norman is full of 13 year old kids on 20's and skateboards. Most of the time it's me and a guy I grew up with on 26 dj's and that's it. I usually end up riding solo in the evenings most of the time though around OU.

·
Registered
752 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Curaga said:
Hello, is there any good parks in central Oklahoma good for biking? I'm pretty new to biking in general and I live in Moore. Thanks.
Some crappy footage from the Hoffman park:

The wood was only there for the Hoffman CFB comp.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.