Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Especially the following parks- are these all going to be closed as of July 5th?

Chimney Rock
Hartshorne
Mahlon Dickerson
Lewis Morris
Allamuchy

·
Registered
679 Posts
Allamuchy

It will be kinda hard to close Allamuchy. Why lets see, 10,000 acres of land, no controled entry points.....

This will be the same for most parks. The only things that will effectivly closed will be improved areas, (beaches etc.).

Bob W.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Bob W said:
It will be kinda hard to close Allamuchy. Why lets see, 10,000 acres of land, no controled entry points.....

This will be the same for most parks. The only things that will effectivly closed will be improved areas, (beaches etc.).

Bob W.
true, we can't keep ATV'ers out of parks when they're open I suppose a few stealthy mtb'ers would be about impossible.

its not as bad as it sounds... check out my phone call to the Ringwood Super: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?p=2020761#post2020761

They sounded really busy and a bit stressed. I hope this is sorted out. Between the shooting and now the closure, NJ Rangers are having a bad year so far! :madman:

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Molasses said:
Especially the following parks- are these all going to be closed as of July 5th?

Chimney Rock
Hartshorne
Mahlon Dickerson
Lewis Morris
Allamuchy
The Mooch will be closed but check out my phone call and trail use policy for the closure: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?p=2020761

It should be a-ok to ride at the Mooch.

I am checking on the County Parks now but I highly doubt that they'll be affected (since its my impression that their day to day operational funding comes from County level taxes). I'll confirm it and get back later here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.