Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I come back from the holiday's only to find our technology team has installed something that blocks me from getting to MTBR.Com on my work computer :madmax: :madmax: (yes, I am double pissed).

that's great because now I don't know what they expect me to do with my time:madman:

This atrocity is certainly going to show up in the next Associate Satisfaction survey.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I know what you mean, because last week it worked until Wednesday, and then it started getting blocked. So when the site gets blocked there is a little report on how you can check why it got blocked. I copied MTBR.com into 3 different web filters and all three reported malicious code. But today I checked and it was not showing up as malicious, although still blocked. My guess is that there was some strange code that triggered the filters, but was then deleted from the site. Unfortunately to get it unblocked you need to have a valid business reason. So I think we are screwed :(

·
Banned
486 Posts
azpoolguy said:
Get a BlackBerry! I rarely use a computer to look at MTBR mostly my phone. It probably shows in my spelling and punctuation because the little screen breaks your sentences up weird.
Yeah but MTBR doesn't have a BB friendly mobile version, does it? On my BB it's all hosed up.

·
2006 Yeti AS-X
3,217 Posts
Last week or so, mtbr.com came up on my workplace's blocked sites...Then about 4 days later it works...Must have alot of mtbr's in my workplace who raised a big stink!

·
slow uphill
570 Posts
eyescream said:
Yeah but MTBR doesn't have a BB friendly mobile version, does it? On my BB it's all hosed up.
If you have a blackberry, use it as a modem (attach it to your computer via the cord and search for the setup walk-through on google). It becomes your internet connection and you should be able to bypass whatever system IT installed.

Unnecessary restrictions force us to employ ingenuity and technological solutions to get to appropriate ends. Or something like that.

·
Registered
998 Posts
eyescream said:
Its not very friendly but it works. It allows me to hit MTBR all day. I often find myself sitting in my truck on MTBR instead of cleaning pools but I don't get paid by the hour so I guess its all right. As long as my wife doesn't find out why my easy days take so long.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
not all is lost...

at least I still get the sale notifications via e-mail from PricePoint.com, Wheel World, et al,
so at least I can still shop while I'm "working" :thumbsup:

Take that you IT bass turds :D

·
Registered
65 Posts
Similar thing happened to me...

vmb said:
I come back from the holiday's only to find our technology team has installed something that blocks me from getting to MTBR.
..but I was only blocked from Vimeo...Before the holidays I could be on MTBR and watch videos no problem but then came back to work and it was blocked...at least I still have access to MTBR...It is always open along with our other systems..it has become a part of work for me...

·
livin' the dream......
1,967 Posts
I can access the site, just not the fourm section from work. At least I can read reviews and get some research done.........yet youtube is totally accesable, figure that out?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.