Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...ha ha...fooled you! This is simply a link to a post I made on the Endurance Racing board. As some of you may know, I am currently training for the Shenandoah Mtn 100 [100 mile MTB race Labor Day weekend w/ >14,000 ft climbing] and thus I keep an eye on the endurance board.

Anyway, here's the link. Link to Endurance Racing post on fluids, dehydration, etc

I will be glad to discuss anything related to this issue on this board...having been doing LONG RIDES in the heat for the past couple of months, I am paying a LOT of attention to this issue.

·
XCdude
1,323 Posts
You tease, so you went to the dark side hehe

MTBDOC said:
...ha ha...fooled you! This is simply a link to a post I made on the Endurance Racing board. As some of you may know, I am currently training for the Shenandoah Mtn 100 [100 mile MTB race Labor Day weekend w/ >14,000 ft climbing] and thus I keep an eye on the endurance board.

Anyway, here's the link. Link to Endurance Racing post on fluids, dehydration, etc

I will be glad to discuss anything related to this issue on this board...having been doing LONG RIDES in the heat for the past couple of months, I am paying a LOT of attention to this issue.
as always DOC great read. Thats one of the reasons I read all the books, friel, burke, morris and others to know whats out there.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah...come on...I've been a weight weenie (22.3# Proflex 855 in the mid 90's!), 29er for 18 months, SS'er for ~2 yrs...and my first century was the Assault on Mt Mitchell, with a top-30 finish until I flatted in the last 4 miles; also a 4:38 finish at El Tour de Tucson the year it was 113 miles...so I've dabbled ALL OVER THE PLACE!

Actually, I would LOVE to build the Weight Weenie, 29er, Singlespeed...oops, I forgot...I commissioned Steve Stickel to build me a steel, EBB 29'er SS...not EXACTLY WW spec, but should be light enough. I just REFUSE to race it at the SM100 [actually, this would be so appropriate, as Steve lives in Harrisonburg, PA] SS my first go around...but, I will [tentatively] plan the Ouachita Challenge next spring SS.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Here's a link that may prove interesting.

http://www.ultracycling.com/siteindex.html

I raced the Wilderness 101 this summer and found some interesting info at this site in preparation. Perhaps the most useful items were the discussion of nutrition and hydration issues. Based on info from this site I used Ensure+ as my primary nutrition during the race and thought it made a significant difference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts