Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys quick question I've got El Cap/ El Rey on the brain BAD!! So I guess the next move is really start talking Ventana's and who better to do that with?( other than you all )Sherwood right? Can I just call him up and start asking him questions? If so what is the best time to call? Thanks in advance.CF...BTW Ventana phone # I trust is on there site?

·
Feeding your addiction
2,648 Posts
CRAZY FRED said:
Hey guys quick question I've got El Cap/ El Rey on the brain BAD!! So I guess the next move is really start talking Ventana's and who better to do that with?( other than you all )Sherwood right? Can I just call him up and start asking him questions? If so what is the best time to call? Thanks in advance.CF...BTW Ventana phone # I trust is on there site?
Yeah, absolutely, he's always willing to talk when possible. Phone is 916-631-0544.
Usually pretty easy to get him on the phone any time during normal business hours.

Larry
Mountain High Cyclery
[email protected]

·
aka greyranger
507 Posts
phone call

When I was thinking of the x-5, I called with some questions and Theresa answered the phone and started to answer some of my questions. In the background you heard somebody say what did he ask? That was Sherwood and he picked up the phone and answered all my questions. That was it, I am buying from that guy. The whole crew there are great and I have never doubted my choice of a x-5. Good luck, not sure of the best time to call, many others here have great relationships with the Ventana people and have better answers. Just wanted to pass on my experience. See ya

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
Two guys in this industry I get on the phone almost anytime during normal business hours. Sherwood and DT, still waiting for that call back from Lenz (12 months now) on a shock question on the Behemoth. But that's OK I'm very happy with my El Rey!

·
Registered
890 Posts
Don't call him Sherlock like some guy did in soem review. That was good!

Sherwood is a good guy and responsive by phone/email unless you write an essay. His attention span is a bit short when it comes to that. Let us know if you have info that could benefit us. I'm interested in the El Rey as well but a couple of other choices and Inter Bike new-bike and new-design revelations are keeping me in check (at least till now).

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
CRAZY FRED said:
good to see you are finally doing what i told you to do up front! LOL

yeah, he will talk to you. he wont take my call but he will take yours

·
Banned
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No phone call today ( Bit of a Crazy day )

Hopefully tomorrow will be less of a crazy day as today was for me. I again just wanted to say thanks to you all for your input,I will for sure keep you posted..Fo, thanks for the link to that El Cap ad but WHEN I do this I want 08 -09 brand new my color choice etc,etc, CF...

·
Registered
9,942 Posts
Yeah, go new and get the El Rey if you are stuck on the Ventana. I think the El Rey looks a lot nicer that the El Cap. Larry has one sitting in his shop- I'll try to get up there soon and take it for a spin. It's an orange one too:)

The color choice is going to kill me though..no doubt about that.

·
Proud lame eBiker
2,680 Posts
Call him Sherwinn. He likes that. That's second best only to Sherman.
Nothing better than hearing some guy come up to Sherwood at Interbike or Sea Otter, and the guy thinks he and Sherman are buddy buddy tight, and he's trying to impress his friends. "Oh hey there Sherman, how you doing? Hey this is my freinds Bobby. Yeah Boddy, I know Sherman, he and I go way back." Of course Sherwood is too polite to say anything....don't want to ruin anyones dilusional dreams.

·
Banned
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
"color"

Flyer said:
Yeah, go new and get the El Rey if you are stuck on the Ventana. I think the El Rey looks a lot nicer that the El Cap. Larry has one sitting in his shop- I'll try to get up there soon and take it for a spin. It's an orange one too:)

The color choice is going to kill me though..no doubt about that.
Oh Man that's easy.That blue he does is just CRAZY.....

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Def give him a call. When I was ready to pull the trigger on the El Pad I called V and chatted with Theresa for a bit before I ended up on the line with Sherwood. He answered all my questions and then some.

I have had the same great service from Turner as well.

·
Banned
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Very nice Dr.Don,

DrDon said:
but here's some eye candy. It now has the F29 and copper I9s.
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=287177&highlight=DrDon
VERY Nice.Just called and got the answering machine.Well based on the message from the machine I've not been saying "Ventana" the right way. I've always said "Van-tana not "VEN-..tana..Oh well as long as I don't call him Sherman right?..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.