Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
8,847 Posts
Don Despacio said:
Titus is trying get someone to get a advertising tat in exchange for a bike.

http://reviews.mtbr.com/blog/win-an-ftm-carbon-with-the-titus-human-billboard-volunteer-program/

Sorry Titus. You officially suck.
Methinks your reading comprehension sucks. No one has to get a tattoo. You may win a bike. Or not.

FYI: other companies have done this sort of thing in the past, and it's worked pretty well for them.

Creepy? Wow. If you think that is "creepy" then you must have one hell of a sheltered existence.

·
I Have Cookies
2,644 Posts

·
No really, I am that slow
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
scrublover said:
Methinks your reading comprehension sucks. No one has to get a tattoo. You may win a bike. Or not.

FYI: other companies have done this sort of thing in the past, and it's worked pretty well for them.

Creepy? Wow. If you think that is "creepy" then you must have one hell of a sheltered existence.
Bzzt! Thanks for playing. You have to get the tat. That's in the rules.

For the other companies that do it, it's creepy too. It's seriously sad that some people think that permanently disfiguring themselves for a set of tires or a bicycle is a good deal. Taking advantage of this lack of judgment is reprehensible.

Oh yeah, you don't have to get the tat to enter the contest. You only have to get it to WIN the contest.

·
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
8,847 Posts
Don Despacio said:
Bzzt! Thanks for playing. You have to get the tat. That's in the rules.

For the other companies that do it, it's creepy too. It's seriously sad that some people think that permanently disfiguring themselves for a set of tires or a bicycle is a good deal. Taking advantage of this lack of judgment is reprehensible.

Oh yeah, you don't have to get the tat to enter the contest. You only have to get it to WIN the contest.
You misunderstand.

You don't have to get a tat. Simple statement. Those are the rules. There are all sorts of contests out there that people dislike the terms of, yet they somehow manage to carry on with their lives without whinging about said terms. Don't like the contest? Don't enter/don't get a tat.

Sure, I think the bolded bit is a bit odd, that some folks would do that, but heh, the thing is, it's their body. Not mine, not yours.

They aren't taking advantage of anything, and I still think you have a very odd view of life if you think this is "creepy" by any stretch. Freedom of choice is a funny thing like that. Said person over the age of 18 has to go get the tattoo of their own free will, you know.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Not being a tattoo person, getting one just to enter a contest would be a stretch, but isn't there a big bike race where the winner gets a tattoo? I think that's kinda cool. I'd get that tattoo, even though the thinking behind it is pretty much the same as the Titus contest as far as publicity.

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
Corperate Logo tats are creepy in general

Don Despacio said:
Titus is trying get someone to get a advertising tat in exchange for a bike.

http://reviews.mtbr.com/blog/win-an-ftm-carbon-with-the-titus-human-billboard-volunteer-program/

Sorry Titus. You officially suck.
... regardless of how cool the company is.

I was in a mall record store buying a set of headphones. The clerk got all excited that I was getting Skullcandy headphones. he pulled up his sleeves and showed me his skullcandy logo tat, his apple tat, his VW tat, some band logo tats and a bunch of other tats along those lines. Dude looked like he was wearing a Nascar Nomex suit with all the logos. Man, what a corporate tool.

I love titus bikes, but I could never bring myself to get a Titus tat, even in direct exchange for one of their top decked out bikes.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.