Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
XCdude
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after a race.

The event, organization ,registration and so on.
The actual course, how fun, hard or whatever.
The after party ,food and drink.
Or to you all races are fun :D

·
Big ring = No chainsuck
446 Posts
The actual course, how fun, hard or whatever.
How well I do also gives big points.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
The actual course, how fun, hard or whatever

"The event, organization ,registration and so on." - Unless registration was a total disaster, I really don't give a hoot about this.

"The after party ,food and drink."- Its over, I get my medal (or don't), I leave. I don't race to party.

"Or to you all races are fun" - All races I have been in were fun but I can't speak for all races.

·
Registered
573 Posts
What's more important to me is seeing my family on the side of the trail cheering.

Similarly seeing people you don't know from anywhere cheering YOU (no mistake when you're the only one around) is nice.

Then I like it when most riders are out there to have fun and keep courteous in all occasions, even when a faster rider has to wait for a slower one to clear a technical section or a climb.

True, there will always be the butthole yelling "out of the way !" or "come on !" when the rider in front can't move aside and/or is at his max. But for each courteous gesture such as moving aside without asking or just following until there's room to pass, it makes you forget about ten rude actions.

Maurice

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
In my geriatric class you are more apt to hear...

"MEDIC!" or "Does anyone know CPR?" rather than "get out of the way."

You tend not to be in the way when your class starts in the back and has not got much of a chance to pass others (although I do like to pass the next age down group for personal satisfaction if nothing else).

If you are still racing over 50, it damn well better be fun.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Rev Bubba said:

You tend not to be in the way when your class starts in the back and has not got much of a chance to pass others (although I do like to pass the next age down group for personal satisfaction if nothing else).

Cracks me up !

Way to go, I sincerely hope I can ride that hard at that age and admire all the older racers, especially when they pass ME !

Maurice

·
XCdude
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL now that was funny

Rev Bubba said:

I'm at 40 now and the fastest over forty guy around here is actually 50 he is going to the worlds this year not bad. He blows away the 40 year olds and even lots of the 30s. :) So that gives me hope since I only been racing and training for a about a year. :D

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
I'm curious, why do options 2 and 3 have to be exclusive?

If those are my only options, I'd have to go with the riding, following very closely with the party, and then a distant third registration (in fact, I'd say the actual registration and organization [and training?] suck :)

·
XCdude
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Only one reason I don't drink

skinny-tire said:
I'm curious, why do options 2 and 3 have to be exclusive?

If those are my only options, I'd have to go with the riding, following very closely with the party, and then a distant third registration (in fact, I'd say the actual registration and organization [and training?] suck :)
so I kept the drinking on it is own. I usually go for the course first, food and relaxing after the race. Registration is not that important unless they just cant get it done :rolleyes: seen that before not enough people=BAD

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.